Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yell0w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
hello, i was recently searching for a case for the 15 inch macbook pro and came across this. i would to know what your opinions on this case is.

Cavalier

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
I love the top loading/vertical bags, much easier to carry, withing bumping into everything.

Anyone seen a good one that has enough room in a separate compartment (preferrably expandable) to hold a few inches of paper files/magzaines, when needed?

Looking for a casual one for rougher use environments, plus a work caliber one.

thepandamancan

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Burbank, CA
i have a 15 incher, i bought the incase sleeve and the incase sling backpack. love them.

I got the incase sleeve too although I'm not too pleased with it. It gives me the adequate protection I wanted and it looks pretty nice when its inside. Unfortunately the sleeve doesn't seem to be fitted to the MBP as it says it is. It's fine for using it in another bag (which is what I do) but it doesn't work so well holding it on its own.

Yell0w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
hello guys, thank you for the responses. today i went and brought the black incase sleeve, in the past i read that it left black marks on the macbooks, should i wash it before i start using it for the macbook pro?

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Init...

I bought the Init® - Single Gusset Laptop Briefcase - Black, Model: NT-NB8523 | SKU: 8483893...

I tend to overload notebook bags and then pay the price when they have a blowout.

This one is big enough for the essentials and a few CD/DVD's.

Nice construction. Traveled to Hawaii and back with no problems. Even held my MBP, ipod, charger, Treo, and a few movies... Under 40 bucks...

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
hello guys, thank you for the responses. today i went and brought the black incase sleeve, in the past i read that it left black marks on the macbooks, should i wash it before i start using it for the macbook pro?

Look at the tag instructions on the bag, and if it has washing instructions, go for it. As far as black marks on the MBP, it's unlikely they will be something you can't wash off when you clean it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.