Which Case did you buy for your Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phillyfan9090, Aug 21, 2013.

1. phillyfan9090 macrumors member

Im searching for Macbook pro cases. i saw the rubber one in the Apple store, and honestly did not like it very much. It looked like it would get dirty very quickly. The Speck hard shell see thru seems like a great case and I was thinking about getting that. Any suggestions? Whats the best case for keeping laptop cool, protects laptop well, cool design, and lightweight?

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

3. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I'm using Speck clear see thru.. I love it so far.
    I love the aluminum look of mbp. It's kinda easy to get dirty, but if you take care of it then it would be fine.

4. iPoopeh macrumors regular

iPoopeh

Not buying a case for my 15'' rMBP... I heard that the case only holds in a lot of heat which isn't good for it, other's used cases for years though and didn't have problems with heat, guess it all depends on who makes the case.
    However I am getting this for my rMBP. Very thick material, so it shall protect my baby very well! ^ ^

5. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

Zagg with a Speck on top since day one.:)

nothing on palm rest.

6. red321red321 macrumors regular

You might be right, I've found temps with a hardshell case on to be much higher than without.

7. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

I bought iCarbons for the top lid and bottom.

I don't drop mine or anything, just sometimes stuff will hit the top and it made me uneasy so I love the iCarbons now. Saved me a bunch of times.

One noise I hate hearing is the charger metal sliding against the macbook which would happen sometimes.

I also actually really like the look.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You should probably get one that matches the plastic on your couch.

9. yliu macrumors regular

be.ez LA robe

It's like most neoprene sleeves, except made out of a memory foam material. It is great against impacts because the foam acts as a stiff shell when sudden force is applied to it.

I leave my macbook in my backpack with full of books. My backpack gets thrown around and falls off desks all the time. However, my laptop is just like new. And it's costs about as much as a neoprene sleeve, which are the cheaper options for mac cases.

10. No-Me macrumors 6502a

11. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

^This. I've been using one with a Crumpler backpack for the past nine months, and it has served me well.

12. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I've been using an Incase neoprene sleeve with my 2009 MBP almost since I bought it. It's a great barrier between my laptop and college lecture hall desks.

I've never used one of those plastic cases. Just accept that the aluminum will get minor scratches over the years.

13. owensky macrumors member

I have a neoprene sleeve for putting it in a backpack and another laptop bag that fits the computer and a charger. I'm not a fan of the hard cases.

14. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Just ordered a speck case for my new MacBook Pro from work, girlfriend also has a speck case and loves it

15. yliu macrumors regular

Those cases are good for everyday use. However if you are doing intensive tasks it will cause your laptop to heat up more.

16. esskay macrumors 6502

I tried a hard shell case, but didn't like the bulk it added and returned it. The cMBP is bulky enough. Maybe with an MBA?