Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
which phone and color do you have?

wanting to see how that case looks with the blue mini/regular 12.

i have the navy now but it's almost too dull against the blue of the phone.

I’ve actually got the graphite 12 PM, so unfortunately I’m afraid my combination won’t be what you’re wanting to see. Sorry.

Mike6plus

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2015
Netherlands
Next week the Pitaka blue MagEZ case will be shipped out.
Pitaka send me a gift for the delay. I received a MagEZ mount for in the car.
For me stil the best case................

madrigal77

Suspended
Aug 2, 2018
I’m surprised more 3rd party cases don’t have MagSafe. It looks like basically only Otterbox right now? I really like my Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but I want the wallet and it would be nice to have the extra magnets of MagSafe.

Reactions: AE14

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Pelican Shield G10 showed up today. First con symmetrical cutouts ? second con charge port opening is one tight mother. Rocker switch door is also very tiny and hard to operate.
Otherwise the tank is a decent case and turns your Pro Max into the SUPER MAX :oops: Case is HUGE, the G10 is of nice quality, sides a little slippery as they are hard plastic. Like last years Shield the phones edges are surrounded by a soft silicone border that will keep the sides and back scratch free. Buttons work perfect and have nice tactile feedback. Case fits perfect with my case friendly glass screen protector. No saggy bottom on this one.

They changed the 3 latch system to use the power, volume buttons and charge port for the latches. Last years latches were better IMO. I believe the phone will be 100% safe in this case for drops and other mishaps.
Those symmetrical cutouts though ? Here are some pics.

pel01.jpg
pel02.jpg
pel03.jpg
pel04.jpg
pel05.jpg
pel06.jpg
pel07.jpg
pel08.jpg
pel09.jpg

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Labilus Rugged Shield TPU Thick Solid Armor Tactical Protective Case... this Magpul copy arrived for my Mini. Comparison photos are an authentic Magpul Filed Case on an iPhone 8 without a screen protector.

The Rugged Shield (RS) is not as thick as the Magpul. Lip protection on RS is not as deep as it is on the Magpul, and there's a sharp edge on the inside of lip of the RS vs a smooth transition on the Magpul. The ribs relief and the surface detailing on the RS is not as pronounced as it is on the Magpul, not at same level of quality. The RS buttons are of a slightly different design than those on the Magpul but pretty close overall in feel. The port holes are all the correct size and properly aligned. The camera cutout a little bigger than it needs to be, the angled surround is shiny vs the matte finish it should be seen on the Magpul... easily remedied but again speaks to quality of the detailing. The RS lays flat on its back on a flat surface, no wobble. The case does not interfere with the installed ESR screen protector.

Hopefully Magpul rejoins the iPhone Case race as I'll happily ditch the RS for the real deal. In the meantime I may have to settle for the fake, as I'm a big fan of Magpul's design even if poorly executed.

PC050936.JPG
PC050943.JPG
PC050944.JPG
PC050946.JPG

*the chalky white cast on the older Magpul case is from hundreds of alcohol cleanings, it's easily fixed

Last edited:

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Pelican Shield G10 showed up today. First con symmetrical cutouts second con charge port opening is one tight mother. Rocker switch door is also very tiny and hard to operate.
Otherwise the tank is a decent case and turns your Pro Max into the SUPER MAX :oops: Case is HUGE, the G10 is of nice quality, sides a little slippery as they are hard plastic. Like last years Shield the phones edges are surrounded by a soft silicone border that will keep the sides and back scratch free. Buttons work perfect and have nice tactile feedback. Case fits perfect with my case friendly glass screen protector. No saggy bottom on this one.

They changed the 3 latch system to use the power, volume buttons and charge port for the latches. Last years latches were better IMO. I believe the phone will be 100% safe in this case for drops and other mishaps.
Those symmetrical cutouts though Here are some pics.

View attachment 1687485 View attachment 1687486 View attachment 1687488 View attachment 1687490 View attachment 1687492 View attachment 1687493 View attachment 1687494 View attachment 1687497 View attachment 1687499

Good god; can you throw that on the scales for us? Sheesh it a chunky one lol

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Labilus Rugged Shield TPU Thick Solid Armor Tactical Protective Case... this Magpul copy arrived for my Mini. Comparison photos are an authentic Magpul Filed Case on an iPhone 8 without a screen protector.

The Rugged Shield (RS) is not as thick as the Magpul. Lip protection on RS is not as deep as it is on the Magpul, and there's a sharp edge on the inside of lip of the RS vs a smooth transition on the Magpul. The ribs relief and the surface detailing on the RS is not as pronounced as it is on the Magpul, not at same level of quality. The RS buttons are of a slightly different design than those on the Magpul but pretty close overall in feel. The port holes are all the correct size and properly aligned. The camera cutout a little bigger than it needs to be, the angled surround is shiny vs the matte finish it should be seen on the Magpul... easily remedied but again speaks to quality of the detailing. The RS lays flat on its back on a flat surface, no wobble. The case does not interfere with the installed ESR screen protector.

Hopefully Magpul rejoins the iPhone Case race as I'll happily ditch the RS for the real deal. In the meantime I may have to settle for the fake, as I'm a big fan of Magpul's design even if poorly executed.
Nice, I need to order one of these.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Pelican Shield G10 showed up today. First con symmetrical cutouts ? second con charge port opening is one tight mother. Rocker switch door is also very tiny and hard to operate.

Those symmetrical cutouts though ? Here are some pics.

View attachment 1687485 View attachment 1687486 View attachment 1687488 View attachment 1687490 View attachment 1687492 View attachment 1687493 View attachment 1687494 View attachment 1687497 View attachment 1687499

Wow did you do expedited shipping? That thing looks like a tank. You think you will keep it? Mine not due until Friday. Any signal loss with that case on?

I returned the UAG by the way.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Wow did you do expedited shipping? That thing looks like a tank. You think you will keep it? Mine not due until Friday. Any signal loss with that case on?

I returned the UAG by the way.
Emailed them about their same day shipping if ordered before 2PM EST Mine was sitting around for 2 days and did not move. The girl said she would bump me to 2nd day air being it took them 2 days just to process my order. Thing showed up by UPS today. It's a MONSTER I believe the Apple Leather case would fit inside of this monster.
No 5G around here but the 4G LTE seems fine.
I have a feeling you will be returning it?

Last edited:
Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Emailed them about their same day shipping if ordered before 2PM EST Mine was sitting around for 2 days and did not move. The girl said she would bump me to 2nd day air being it took them 2 days just to process my order. Thing showed up by UPS today. It's a MONSTER I believe the Apple Leather case would fit inside of this monster.
No 5G around here but the 4G LTE seems fine.
I have a feeling you will be returning it?
Guess I should have emailed them about that lol. But I ordered late at night, so meh. That is cool that it is a monster. I don't have 5G either but it LTE is good then I should be fine. Heck LTE is weak at my house to so wifi is king.

I hope I won't but the fact that it is a monster and the charge point is tight, who knows. Lol.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Currently I have just 3 original Apple Cases with MagSafe for my graphite iPHone 12 Pro Max.

1) green Silicone
2) Baltic blue leather
3) black leather

728e53a860c88cb8396d2fa2a4854c7d.jpg

Also have 2 MagSafe chargers with MagSafe Stand.

Kept at 2 separate places at home.

963c62baf697dd1792082e10d0a476e0.jpg

Fun and convenient using MagSafe.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Currently I have just 3 original Apple Cases with MagSafe for my graphite iPHone 12 Pro Max.
1) green Silicone
2) Baltic blue leather
3) black leather

728e53a860c88cb8396d2fa2a4854c7d.jpg

Also have 2 MagSafe chargers with MagSafe Stand.

Kept at 2 separate places at home.

963c62baf697dd1792082e10d0a476e0.jpg
Let us know what you think of the silicone. I’m tempted but happy with my Neo Hybrid at the moment. I should probably just stay away from this forum at this point.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Silicone case is nice but I prefer the Apple leather case.

I just switch my cases ever 2 to 3 days so that I don’t get bored of the same look daily.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Guess I should have emailed them about that lol. But I ordered late at night, so meh. That is cool that it is a monster. I don't have 5G either but it LTE is good then I should be fine. Heck LTE is weak at my house to so wifi is king.

I hope I won't but the fact that it is a monster and the charge point is tight, who knows. Lol.
It's a decent protective case but it is huge and heavy. The regular lightning cable fits but I don't think any third party cables will work. This thing makes the Defender seem thin. It's a fun case though.

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
It's a decent protective case but it is huge and heavy. The regular lightning cable fits but I don't think any third party cables will work. This thing makes the Defender seem thin. It's a fun case though.

I will check it out. I don't use heavy duty cases a lot but when I need one this looks to fit the bill. Do you think you will keep yours? Or would you rather have a Defender or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.