Which case do you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Stevie04, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Stevie04 macrumors member

Hi,
    Element Case dropped the price for the Formula 4 and the Ion 4 by 10$ so I am thinking about buying the Formula 4 case. However i don't really know because actually I wanted to get the Ion 4.
    Which one do you recommend? Ion 4 or Formula 4?

2. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

anyone? would be glad if someone could help me!

3. vtclan macrumors regular

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If you want the Ion 4 then why not get the Ion 4? Asking for blind recommendations won't help you. I can name one or the other but if my preferences don't jive with your own then it's completely meaningless for me to do so.

If you want suggestions then list out your priorities/criteria/requirements.

5. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry i forgot about that...

The case should protect pretty good! (drops etc.)
    In addition it should look a little more stylish (not boring looking)
    It should be light so you can barely feel the additional weight.
    The case should not scratch/damage the iPhone and the phone shouldn't fall out of the case.

Hope thats enough!

6. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

can anyone recommend a case based on the requirements above?

7. JayJayJay macrumors member

The Ion4 is BY FAR the more protective of the two, and, it's my favorite case (and I own at least 25+ cases).

8. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

post one more time...maybe no one can hear you

9. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

alright. I think the ion is the better one of those two too!
    and how does the ion feels like? i don't want a case which feels too soft. i'd like to have a case with a good and strong grip.

okay here are the case requirements again:
    The case should protect pretty good! (drops etc.)
    In addition it should look nice (not boring looking but not too fancy)
    It should be light so you can barely feel the additional weight.
    The case should not scratch/damage the iPhone and the phone shouldn't fall out of the case.

Based on these points, can anyone recommend a case other than the ones posted above?

10. Hokhost macrumors newbie

I should receive the Ion 4 in a couple days ...
    For now, my favorite is the Magpul Field case. I expect the Ion 4 to be more stylish with a better drop protection level.

11. Stevie04, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

Seems like everyone recommends or is buying an Ion 4...

12. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Just received the Formula 4 tonight for my 4S.
    Nicer feel and thinner than the Seidio Surface case I had been using with the belt clip holster.
    Now I just have to have Easecase in China make a B4 leather holster pouch to fit - can't find a clip holster that fits the Formula 4.

13. jiholl macrumors member

I have the Ion 4

Ion 4 is a great case...very very well made and when you put it on it feels so so solid on the phone...but the rubber corners clearly will provide great drop protection.

Has anyone been able to use Ion 4 with a screen protector...I tried it without one...but have not tried it with...I have such a perfect install on my phone with a power support crystal that I dont want to risk it...I am using Magpul Executive Field case right now.

thanks

14. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

15. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

my father-in-law has this case on his iphone 4. It seems to be a great case however the plastic on the upper corner (you can see where the plastic is isolated in the upper RIGHT corner when looking at the phone from the back) broke off. We don't know if the verizon person did it when he handed it over for her to put the screen protector on or if it happened in some other way. in the 1/2 day since I last inspected it when I was checking out the case. I would think it's prone to break in that spot if it was that easy to break the first time through. However it DOES seem like a pretty decent case.

16. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

both cases seem really good... but i don't really know which one...
    the ION 4 looks better but i think the incipio has a little bit more protection.

17. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

18. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    After reading through this thread I was convinced about the ION 4 for my nee iphone 4s until I read this comment:

A larger front lip to help protect the screen in case of a fall sounds good. Is there anything out there that does everything the ION 4 does but has this too? (the comment right after this post seemed to have killed that option.

I could be going with the other case that has that add-on battery though. My battery on my phone dies within a couple hours of fairly often usage. Or maybe I will just have both and switch between them.

19. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

@Rizvi1
    I just know the Incipio Delta which i posted above. An Ion 4 case with a bigger lip around the screen would be great but I haven't found any other cases yet...
    can someone help?

20. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Hoping for some help too otherwise, I guess Ion 4 is the way to go? This is going to be a case for my mom's iPhone 4. The battery life on the iPhone 4s is killing my wife and I so we're planning on grabbing the mophie juice after reading this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1283115

21. Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member

22. Stevie04, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

Stevie04 thread starter macrumors member