Which case for new Aluminum macbook??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TCU, Dec 10, 2008.

1. TCU macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2008
    Hi there, my first post here in the forums and I have a rather difficult question I suppose:

I'm picky in what I buy and I have a few things I'd like in a case but have yet to find anything that satisfies them -

1. I'd like a hard case. Not steel, and I don't need 3" foam on each side. Just something that will protect it from a 2ft drop. A neoprene case will tear right through (speaking from experience)
    2. It would be nice if it had a handle, but not a must. I find that I carry it around in my hands a lot and not as much in my bag.
    3. a tight fit! - this is something I'm picky about. I tried both the incase neoprene sleeve and the apple sac and they were both too loose to my taste. Especially the incase.
    4. Another plus would be if it had a space to put the charger like the applesac does. although not a must.

All in all I'm looking for a strong, quality case, with a good fit.
    I'd like to pay no more than about 60-$70 although I'll shell out more if I find something I really like.

I've been searching the realms for weeks to no avail, any suggestions will definitely be appreciated!

2. California macrumors 68040

Aug 21, 2004
    Get a zeroshock innersleeve no matter what hard case you get.

Personally, I have a zeroshock with a leather Hobo brand backpack satchel for my new albook. If it drops, it won't get hurt.
  3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

Oct 18, 2008

very good quality, tight fit, and well padded. I carry it around in my hand a lot, and it feels pretty secure.
  4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Dec 29, 2007

Take a look at the videos on my YouTube channel (see my sig) - they may be of help. I've reviewed a few cases on there.
  5. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2007