Which case for new Aluminum macbook??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TCU, Dec 10, 2008.

1. TCU macrumors newbie

Hi there, my first post here in the forums and I have a rather difficult question I suppose:

I'm picky in what I buy and I have a few things I'd like in a case but have yet to find anything that satisfies them -

1. I'd like a hard case. Not steel, and I don't need 3" foam on each side. Just something that will protect it from a 2ft drop. A neoprene case will tear right through (speaking from experience)
    2. It would be nice if it had a handle, but not a must. I find that I carry it around in my hands a lot and not as much in my bag.
    3. a tight fit! - this is something I'm picky about. I tried both the incase neoprene sleeve and the apple sac and they were both too loose to my taste. Especially the incase.
    4. Another plus would be if it had a space to put the charger like the applesac does. although not a must.

All in all I'm looking for a strong, quality case, with a good fit.
    I'd like to pay no more than about 60-$70 although I'll shell out more if I find something I really like.

I've been searching the realms for weeks to no avail, any suggestions will definitely be appreciated!

Cheers.

2. California macrumors 68040

California

Get a zeroshock innersleeve no matter what hard case you get.

Personally, I have a zeroshock with a leather Hobo brand backpack satchel for my new albook. If it drops, it won't get hurt.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

www.sumocases.com

very good quality, tight fit, and well padded. I carry it around in my hand a lot, and it feels pretty secure.

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

OP

Take a look at the videos on my YouTube channel (see my sig) - they may be of help. I've reviewed a few cases on there.

5. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Hipnomac