Which Case? (Please Help, I know these are Annoying)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deiden26, Dec 8, 2009.

1. deiden26 macrumors newbie

I've been looking to replace my Belkin silicone case for a while because it is starting to show signs of stretching and because it is ridiculously annoying to take out of my front jean pocket. I have been looking for a while for a good replacement, but I haven't found anything that seems to fit my needs just right.

I really like having my buttons covered (power button, volume rocker, and even my home button) but very few cases support the home button cover. The ones that do usually too bulky, or are simply the same type of silicone case I have right now with the same problems but from a different company.

I have looked into switcheasy hybrid cases because they would cover most of the buttons (home button excluded), but they both have their own inescapable fatal flaws (saggy bottom and fragile I piece)

I recently decided to look at the switcheasy vulcan, but it seems to be pretty much the same thing that I have now, but with the home button exposed.

I would like a slim case so no otterbox defenders for me (I also hate the little window that leaves the apple logo exposed.

Does anybody have any suggestions, or am I looking for something that is currently unobtainable?

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

The Vulcan isn't exactly silicone. Its got a lot more of a plastic feel and its quite tough, over time it might stretch but the material is pretty tough, if you just left it on the phone most of the time I don't think it would really be an issue.

3. deiden26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that makes it a good option. I am really curious, though, if there is anything like it or even more like a hybrid case that also covers the home button. This would be my perfect case.

4. deiden26 thread starter macrumors newbie

That looks perfect! Are there any known problems with it? How is that weird glass screen protector? I am a bit uneasy about getting a completely hard case as well. Does it scratch the phone? How is the protection (ie does it fall apart when you drop it leaving the phone exposed?)?

Thanks for showing that to me

5. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

when it came out, ilounge gave it a limited recommendation (locking issues and some others), since then, it has changed though
    like all hard slider cases, you will probably get a few small scratches
    you can take off the glass screen protector if you dont like it