Which case provide the best protection for Iphone 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by j2ee, Jan 27, 2016.

1. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

Otterbox? UAG? Spigen? Verus? Or you have better suggestion?

2. ATC macrumors 6502a

Otterbox Defender keeps getting better with each series. Wife and I have had them on our 4, then 5 and now on our 6.

My wife treats her phone like crap, can't count how many times she's dropped it - not even a scratch on it.

It's very tight fitting, in a good way, on my 6 (it seems they've really tightened the rubber outer shell which in the past would loosen up after a while). They've also improved the screen protector, it doesn't have that annoying rainbow effect anymore.

It feels great without adding too much bulk. All ports are covered (the headphones jack being the only exception - it's 3/4 covered) and Touch ID has worked flawlessly even though the entire home button in covered.

Great case IMO but be careful of fakes. There are tons of fake defender cases floating around small cell repair stores and online (eBay, third party Amazon resellers etc...)

3. darrylcn macrumors regular

I posted a similar thread before Christmas because I was getting a 6S Plus at that time. I wanted something without a screen protector but with good edges around the screen. People recommended the Spigen Tough Armor and that's what I got. It's my first case of theirs after using the Otterbox Commuter (also liked it a ton) on my iPhone 5. I find the Spigen a little hard to remove but I'm still developing a good process for it. It's taken this long because I actually leave it on the phone unlike with my 5, where I'd remove the case except for... commuting :). Speaking from experience I like the Spigen a lot and I'd get one for my 7S Plus in the future if it exists.

4. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Many people report the the defender series screen protector sucks but it is attached with the case. Just too much dust goes in, it is plastic screen protector not glasses, and there is gap between the phone and the screen protector.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 27, 2016 ---
    Which one provides better protection!?

5. darrylcn macrumors regular

Hard to say since they're different phones/cases. The edge on the Commuter (for my iPhone 5 remember) seemed to be a bit more raised than the Tough Armor on my 6S Plus is but it's firmer rubber (or whatever compound) on the Spigen which probably makes up for the height difference. Also the Commuter covered the headphone and lightning ports of my 5, and the Spigen on my 6S Plus doesn't. One thing I LOVE about the Spigen is the rubberized feel to the shell. This thing is grippy on all sides. My brother had an Otterbox Symmetry (replaced with a Spigen once he saw my case) on his 6S and he constantly dropped it because of the slick sides of the case.

I'm hooked on Spigen, they made a good impression on me.

6. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

I think the slick sides/whole thing of Otterbox is pretty ironic, it supposedly to be very protective then they design it with slick surface.
    It look like Tough Armor has slick surface....

7. ATC macrumors 6502a

Yep, that's always been the defender's weak point. Unfortunatrly some dust will eventually make its way into the Defender case under the screen so you'll need to occasionally take it out and wipe it.

I also prefer the glass screen protectors but like I said, I think the screen protector on the newest version of the defender is definitely improved compared to the previous versions. For me personally, every case has weak points, you just need to find the one where you can live with its compromises.

FWIW, the defender's outer rubber shell is very grippy, I can't imagine it ever slipping out of my hands.

8. darrylcn macrumors regular

It's grippy. Two piece just like the Commuter I have for my 5, but the plastic portion is rubberized sort of like the sides of some PC mice.

9. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Thx for sharing.
    That's cool.