Which Cases Are Safest For Your Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mackandproud, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mackandproud macrumors 6502

As a new iphone user, I am doing my best to take precautions to keep the phone in pristine condition. Aside from drop protection and protection against the elements, the case itself should not damage the phone.

I have crossed the following cases off my list as a result:

1. defender: the inner layer is plastic; not ideal as the inner case for an alu phone.

2. commuter: the rubber inner case let a rubber circular residue on the case.

3. powersupport: a great case which may mar the finish

Any suggestions here on a 'safe' case which will protect the phone from the elements/drops, which won't cause damage simply as a result of installation.

My candidates:

1. acase rubber inner/TPU? outer.

2. belkin candy grip: TPU.

Anything else?

2. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

3. RichardC300, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013

RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

If you're going to cross the Commuter off your list for that reason, you might as well cross the Belkin off, because the Belkin does the same thing where the camera hole comes into contact with the aluminum back.

4. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

just picked up the spigen slim armor. good case at an amazing price! i highly recommend it. let me know if u want pics of what my phone looks like, in it. or just google it. hope this helps.

5. mackandproud, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013

mackandproud thread starter macrumors 6502

I've read multiple reports that back protectors are not compatible with their cases. Is this a problem in general?

I'd like to get a skinomi full body for use with a case.

6. iPierre1 macrumors newbie

The Griffin Survivor is really safe
    I'm surprised you didn't mention it

7. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Your looking for a Unicorn? Lol.....try the pixelskin hd. It works with front and rear protectors.

8. mackandproud thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm absolutely confident that the griffin provides excellent protection from the elements and drops.

What I mean however is a case that will not scratch the phone as a result of the case itself.

For example, the defender has a plastic inner case which can scratch or chip the iphone. The commuter has a cutout on the plastic case so you can see the logo, but the cutout is reinforced with additional plastic which pushes the silicone inner case against the phone's back.

I'm trying to avoid those issues by using a back protector on the iphone and am looking for a great case which will allow me to do that without bubbling of the back protector, or a case which I can use without a back protector safely.

----------

Excellent! Thanks for the rec. :)