Which Cell Phone for me

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Mar 28, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hey guys, right now I am searching for a new phone. My parents told me since we are switching plans that I could pick any phone I wanted, around $50 with the 2 year family contract plan with Verizon Wireless. I am going to be using this phone for a lot of texting, taking pictures (I don't expect super quality, but the better the quality, the better), talking on, and I want to use it as an .MP3 as right now I don't have any money and I don't want to carry around both an iPod and a Phone.

My two choices are the Samsung Glyde or the LG enV 2 in black. I like both because they have the full out QWERTY keyboard and look pretty good, plus I don't like the flip phone design. The problem is, the Glyde is 70 dollars so my parents would pay for it completely, but the enV2 is 130 dollars, but my parents said I can get it as an early birthday present. This leads to a couple questions:

-Is the enV2 worth it?

-Does anybody have either of these phones and have anything to say about them?

-Will both these phones be able to get their music from iTunes in .MP3 non-protected format?

-Any advantages of the enV2 over the Glyde?

-The Glyde looks kinda bulky, is it bigger than normal?

2. dingster1 macrumors regular

I'd recommend the ENV2. Glyde seems to have a bunch of issues according to the folks on HOFO.