iPad Which Cellular Enabled iPad for International Use?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oldschool006, Nov 12, 2012.

1. oldschool006 macrumors member

Firstly, a big thanks to the MacRumors community for guiding me back in August to return my "new" iPad/3 before the trial period ended. Thankfully the expectations of a revamped iPad were borne out, and then some!

Which leads to my new question... I'll certainly be purchasing an iPad 4 LTE on my new years visit to the USA. As I live and work in a non-3G developing country I'm not concerned with LTE technology. But I would like to purchase the best iPad for international use as I will travel often in 3G enabled countries such as Thailand.
    AT&T seemed to be the best of the iPad 3's for international use. Has that changed any since there are new players on the market?

2. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Not 100% sure. But I think you would want VZW

3. Baggio macrumors 6502

AT&T version will work on any GSM carrier. It will get you 2G and 3G coverage anywhere. LTE coverage North and South America. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers in the US, but have GSM radios for international use. You can get GSM coverage with Verizon ad Sprint for 2G and 3G anywhere. Limited LTE coverage in parts of Europe and Asia. So, any cUS arrier will work for your 2G needs.

4. oldschool006 thread starter macrumors member

Does At&T have LTE coverage in Europe and Asia?