Which clear screen protector for me 3g iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randytrouserman, Sep 5, 2008.

1. randytrouserman macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm looking for a clear screen cover for the new phone. I have a very cool Contour Fusion to cover the back, but need something that'll for the front.

Seems like a lot of what you get either doesn't fit or is produced shabbily. (or apple charge an arm and a leg for).

I'd like it to be smear resistant and available in the uk.

Anyone any ideas please?

Cheers.

RT

2. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

I have the Power Support Anti-Glare film. So far, I'm pretty impressed. Installation was fairly easy. It does change the texture of the screen a little, so you might have to get acclimated to it. So far, I haven't noticed much smearing.

It was $15 bucks for a pack of 2 at the Apple store here in the US. Not too sure how much they are in the UK.

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Power Support Crystal or Anti-glare films all the way. They're the best on the market IMO. PS also makes a great case called the Air Jacket that is so slim and sleek that you can hardly tell its on. The case comes with one of each film. Their films and case are highly recommended.

4. yoomy macrumors member

Why would you want to protect the screen? It is scratch resistent afterall.

5. aneftp macrumors 601

For those of us who are careful with our phones, you do not need a screen protector with the iphone.

Than there are people like my wife, keys, lipstick, whatever sharp objects in her purse that could damage the screen.

The native screen protection on the iphone is very good but nothing is fool proof. There are lots of people who do not treat any of their cell phone well.

Plus a basic screen protector is still better than none. I picked up 3 for $10 bucks at the ATT corp store.

6. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

don't be fooled by the glass. it will scratch.

7. yoomy macrumors member

you can run a key over it and it won't scratch. If you drop it, it might scratch.

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

you ever tried "running a key over it?" look closer at those stress test videos. they are pressing on the screen with they key with about as much force as a canary weighs. seriously, search any forum for scratched iPhone and you will find countless posts detailing iPhone owners who found out that their screens aren't as scratch-resistant as they had hoped.

9. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Ill give you the ONLY reason I put the Power Support antiglare screen protector on (Which has impressed the hell out of me btw)

GREASE GREASE SMUDGE FINGER OIL !!! It is digusting the amount of bio lube that gets on that glass.....

This ELIMINATES it.... Highly recommended

10. randytrouserman thread starter macrumors newbie

11. ilp macrumors member

I recommend Power Support Crystal Clear film (that's what I use). You forget really quickly that you are not using the glass surface directly shortly thereafter. People looking at it can't tell unless they look closely and see the little seams. The smudging is a bit worse than with glass, but wipes off easily.

A coworker of mine uses the Anti-Glare film, and I've tried his phone and I don't like it. It gives the phone a strange texture and mutes the looks of the screen.

So I would not recommend the Anti-Glare film if you're looking for minimally intrusive protection.

For some reason, the local Apple store employees have been all recommending the Anti-Glare because it shows the smudges less. OK, but what about all the downsides? (mentioned above)

12. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Another

I haven't used the crystal clear version, just the anti-glare. It does just shave a bit of the gloss and brightness off the phone. Not a real big problem, but using the screen is a little easier. Not so slippery. Does not smudge.

I have both edge and 3g phones at the moment- screens look identical with the film.

13. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I do agree that the Anti-Glare gives the screen a noticeable texture. I have gone back and forth between the Anti-Glare and Crystal Power Support films. Their anti-glare is the least noticeable, and it does a great job cutting down the glare and preventing fingerprints. It also seems to help with the responsiveness of gestures.

Overall, I'd highly recommend either, and right now I'm using the Anti-Glare, but either one is great. Stick with Power Support and you'll be happy.

14. xolan99 macrumors regular

The PS Crystal comes with only 2 for $15. If you mess up one (which I tend to do) then you only have one more shot.

A better deal is the Casemate Screen Protectors for the 3G at any AT&T store. You get 3 for $10.