Which Clipboard Application Can...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jetheat, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Jetheat macrumors regular

I want a clipboard application which not only stores clips but also allows me to say, copy 10 items and then paste each of those 10 items in turn, with a hot key.
    That way, I don't have to keep switching back and forth between applications when copy and pasting.

I have iClipboard which does that, but its buggy.

Any other suggestions?

JH

2. MacForMeOneDay macrumors member

Mac World did a review of different clipboard managers about a year ago.
    http://www.macworld.com/article/151286/2010/05/clipboardmanagers.html

3. Jetheat thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I did see that but none of those have the function I need.

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Perhaps we misunderstand what you need; CuteClips for example allows copying ten items and then pasting each with a keyboard shortcut. Most every clipboard manager does that.

An excellent clipboard manager, particularly if you like to use the keyboard rather than mouse, is LaunchBar. And it does so much more. WAY faster than using the Finder to do stuff. It has a clipmerge feature that allows you to combine successive clips into one clip. And you can even clip together file contents, all from the keyboard.

Another fav of mine is Snippet (not Snippets). It allows you to collect lots of copied text, view it, and then paste. It can sync over multiple computers, and you can open a snippet and select just a portion of that clipping for pasting. I use it to copy material I want to quote so I can see the context of the quote before I choose a smaller selection I want to paste. It's also great for text you want to paste over and over.

Rob

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I used to use CopyPaste, but haven't made much use of CopyPaste Pro. The old version did exactly what is being asked for. The new version is more mousey.

6. Jetheat thread starter macrumors regular

What I was looking for is I copy 10 items say in order and then when pasting I press a hot key over and over again to paste the 10 items in order they were copied.

Know anything that can do that?

JH

7. robgendreau macrumors 68030

As I said, LaunchBar; see above. You use clipmerge.

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

...using the same hot key to get the 10 different clips? Really?

What if you want to paste the items in the following order:
    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 5 - 6 - 3 - 7 etc.

9. robgendreau macrumors 68030

If you want to change the order after you copy them nothing will help you; I don't see how any software could anticipate what you intend to do. A clipboard is a clipboard; it won't compose for you. All the software can do is combine them in the order you copy them. You should download the demos and see what works best in your situation.

Rob

10. munchyman macrumors newbie

CopyPaster is free at the moment on the Mac App Store.

11. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I misread the previous post. But, CopyPaste will allow you to copy, for example, 10 separate "clips" individually (not one clip with 10 lines). Then you can paste them in any sequence you want.

12. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Thanks for the tip.