Which color are you choosing for your iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Black Magic, Sep 10, 2014.

?

What color are you choosing for your iPhone 6?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2014.
  1. Space Grey

54.6%
  2. Silver

23.3%
  3. Gold

22.1%
  1. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I been wanting to go with White/Silver because I have always had a black iPhone. Then I see the Space Grey iPhone 6 and it looks fantastic. I'm torn but I'm sure I'm going Space Grey.

What about you all?

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Same here. I've always had a black iPhone, but I won a white iPad in a raffle, and I actually like it a lot. So I thought I might get the white iPhone this time.

After the announcement and seeing the images, though, the black iPhone looks so damn good I have to get it. I also don't like that you see the camera, the edges of the screen, etc. with the white model. It's somewhat distracting, whereas the black bezel just disappears when you're looking at the screen.

3. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I'm really edging towards the gold one, my only fear is that they will be in extreme short supply for preorders.

4. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

My wife gets white iPhones so I always go with black for differentiation. Plus I like basic black more.

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

silver for me. i've had the black from the beginning (original iPhone, 3GS, 4 and 5 - slate). i would like a white front this time and can't wait.

6. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

7. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Is there even an option to get White or Black?? I haven't seen it. Just size and back plate color.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I love the silver 5s. Most importantly is I love the white front. I could deal with the gold trim. But I just don't like the black face any more. I thought I wouldn't mind going back when I went from a white iPad 2 to a black iPad 3. Ha. I made sure I got the white iPad Air this year even with driving 20 miles out of the way. I'm never going to settle for a color I don't want on one of these again!

9. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

10. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

11. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I've had black/gray phones for years, and each time I've fluctuated (red Treo, white BlackBerry & white Sony Ericsson) I've felt much too conspicuous.

That said, although the silver iPhone 6 looks sexy...I'll probably go Space Gray!

12. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Ditto. Every iPhone and iPad that I have ever owned has been black. I have always been jealous when I saw the white phones my aunt and friend had - so white/silver for me this time.

13. Joshua Moore macrumors 6502

The back plate depicts which color the phone is. Gold and Silver have a white front and Space Grey has the black front

14. Mac Wolf, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

Mac Wolf macrumors member

Damn. I said space grey in other threads. Now I don't know. I have a white 5. I love it. It's so clean, and the new IOS fits it perfectly.

The front of the space grey is awesome, but the back (at least in pictures on Apple's site) looks just a shade darker than silver. The back on the silver, the antenna bands are not as pronounced.

I'm really torn now...

If the back of space grey was darker...

WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING BLACK?!

15. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I just noticed when I went back to the apple site. I didn't notice it before. Glad I found this out as I would of chosen Space Gray. I don't like the black front, I like the white much better. Thanks.

16. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Gold for me just like gold tooth I have right now. :apple:

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I chose Gold, but it's a close tie to the Silver.

----------

Very nice… you might as well go all the way and get your teeth grilled in 24Karat Gold with a diamond stud right in the middle. You'd be rockin' your Gold iPhone 6+ when people see how much swag you have goin' on.

18. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

LOL you are funny. I never laugh before in my life! :apple:

19. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it's the lighter black of space grey making me think. I've had black on all the iPhones I've owned and I'm tired of it. finger prints on the screen show up a heck of a lot more along with fingerprints on the back of the phone.

silver for me this time around.

20. ZeroGauge macrumors member

ZeroGauge

21. Mac Wolf macrumors member

Good point.

I might have to go silver again.

Arghh. Didn't want to do the same color back to back -- but then again, I did white for 5 because I had black for 4 and felt the phones were so similar outside of the screen difference. I didn't want to feel like I was buying the same exact phone two years later.

But this time around, I don't have that problem. The iphone 6 plus is clearly a different phone. In size, in IOS design (I'm on ios 7 and won't beta test 8)

Hmmm

22. bobright macrumors 601

Me too have a black iPhone 5 and iPad Air. I'm leaning heavily toward gold to change things up plus it looks beautiful in the verges youtube with it hands on.

23. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Torn between Gold and Silver.

Gold is one of those colors that looks so different depending on the lighting. Sometimes it looks amazing and other it looks really ugly and a dirty yellow color. Plus sometimes the content on the screen clashes with the gold.

24. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

:D:D:D I laugh at me too… :D:D:D:D:D

25. Mac Wolf macrumors member

Ok now I'm 60/40 in favor of silver. The advantage I give the white is it seems to go with anything. Although both black and white are considered neutral colors -- black seems too dark to me to really mesh with all colors. White looks good with anything. Any color case or wallpaper you decide to put on it will look clean.

But the black has the advantage of having bezels that disappear into the screen when watching a video. It gives the illusion of a bigger screen.

Dammit.