Which color are you choosing for your iPhone 6?

What color are you choosing for your iPhone 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Magic

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I been wanting to go with White/Silver because I have always had a black iPhone. Then I see the Space Grey iPhone 6 and it looks fantastic. I'm torn but I'm sure I'm going Space Grey.

What about you all?

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Same here. I've always had a black iPhone, but I won a white iPad in a raffle, and I actually like it a lot. So I thought I might get the white iPhone this time.

After the announcement and seeing the images, though, the black iPhone looks so damn good I have to get it. I also don't like that you see the camera, the edges of the screen, etc. with the white model. It's somewhat distracting, whereas the black bezel just disappears when you're looking at the screen.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
silver for me. i've had the black from the beginning (original iPhone, 3GS, 4 and 5 - slate). i would like a white front this time and can't wait.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I been wanting to go with White/Silver because I have always had a black iPhone. Then I see the Space Grey iPhone 6 and it looks fantastic. I'm torn but I'm sure I'm going Space Grey.

What about you all?
I love the silver 5s. Most importantly is I love the white front. I could deal with the gold trim. But I just don't like the black face any more. I thought I wouldn't mind going back when I went from a white iPad 2 to a black iPad 3. Ha. I made sure I got the white iPad Air this year even with driving 20 miles out of the way. I'm never going to settle for a color I don't want on one of these again!

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I've had black/gray phones for years, and each time I've fluctuated (red Treo, white BlackBerry & white Sony Ericsson) I've felt much too conspicuous.

That said, although the silver iPhone 6 looks sexy...I'll probably go Space Gray!

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
silver for me. i've had the black from the beginning (original iPhone, 3GS, 4 and 5 - slate). i would like a white front this time and can't wait.
Ditto. Every iPhone and iPad that I have ever owned has been black. I have always been jealous when I saw the white phones my aunt and friend had - so white/silver for me this time.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Damn. I said space grey in other threads. Now I don't know. I have a white 5. I love it. It's so clean, and the new IOS fits it perfectly.

The front of the space grey is awesome, but the back (at least in pictures on Apple's site) looks just a shade darker than silver. The back on the silver, the antenna bands are not as pronounced.

I'm really torn now...

If the back of space grey was darker...

WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING BLACK?!

Last edited:

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
The back plate depicts which color the phone is. Gold and Silver have a white front and Space Grey has the black front
I just noticed when I went back to the apple site. I didn't notice it before. Glad I found this out as I would of chosen Space Gray. I don't like the black front, I like the white much better. Thanks.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I chose Gold, but it's a close tie to the Silver.

----------

Very nice… you might as well go all the way and get your teeth grilled in 24Karat Gold with a diamond stud right in the middle. You'd be rockin' your Gold iPhone 6+ when people see how much swag you have goin' on.
LOL you are funny. I never laugh before in my life! :apple:

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Damn. I said space grey in other threads. Now I don't know. I have a white 5. I love it. It's so clean, and the new IOS fits it perfectly.

The front of the space grey is awesome, but the back (at least in pictures on Apple's site) looks just a shade darker than silver. The back on the silver, the antenna bands are not as pronounced.

I'm really torn now...

If the back of space grey was darker...

WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING BLACK?!
it's the lighter black of space grey making me think. I've had black on all the iPhones I've owned and I'm tired of it. finger prints on the screen show up a heck of a lot more along with fingerprints on the back of the phone.

silver for me this time around.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
it's the lighter black of space grey making me think. I've had black on all the iPhones I've owned and I'm tired of it. finger prints on the screen show up a heck of a lot more along with fingerprints on the back of the phone.

silver for me this time around.
Good point.

I might have to go silver again.

Arghh. Didn't want to do the same color back to back -- but then again, I did white for 5 because I had black for 4 and felt the phones were so similar outside of the screen difference. I didn't want to feel like I was buying the same exact phone two years later.

But this time around, I don't have that problem. The iphone 6 plus is clearly a different phone. In size, in IOS design (I'm on ios 7 and won't beta test 8)

Hmmm

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Torn between Gold and Silver.

Gold is one of those colors that looks so different depending on the lighting. Sometimes it looks amazing and other it looks really ugly and a dirty yellow color. Plus sometimes the content on the screen clashes with the gold.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok now I'm 60/40 in favor of silver. The advantage I give the white is it seems to go with anything. Although both black and white are considered neutral colors -- black seems too dark to me to really mesh with all colors. White looks good with anything. Any color case or wallpaper you decide to put on it will look clean.

But the black has the advantage of having bezels that disappear into the screen when watching a video. It gives the illusion of a bigger screen.

Dammit.