Which color iPhone 5s would be a great gift for your Grandma?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acore, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Which color iPhone 5s would be a great gift for your Grandma?

1. Gold/White

46 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Silver/White

39 vote(s)
    41.1%
  3. Space Gray/Black

10 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. acore macrumors member

acore

It just came to me that the Gold/White iPhone 5s would be a great gift for my 80 year old Grandma.

Which color iPhone 5s would you buy for your Grandma?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Depends on what color she likes. I say get her a gold one.

3. acore thread starter macrumors member

acore

Makes prefect sense, she is in her "Golden" years after all and she wears a lot of Gold and White. :)

4. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Older people definitely tend to go for the gold.

5. acore thread starter macrumors member

acore

My thoughts exactly.

6. donnaw macrumors 65816

Not necessarily. The OP says she wears a lot of gold so that may be right for her but I'm 62 (and a grandmother) but I tend towards the whites. My wedding ring is platinum, my fav earrings are white gold, in fact all the jewelry I wear is white gold, platinum or silver. I would pick the silver (although I would prefer silver and black).

For women, look at their jewelry. If she doesn't wear any, look at her clothes or how her house is decorated (I.e., if it's rather ornate go for the gold).

If she's rather spry and happy-go-lucky she might rather have a 5C in a fun color. If she wears a lot of colorful clothes, her house is colorful and eclectic, she wears a lot of enamel jewelry (or maybe none) etc. Or, if like me, an old hippy....

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

8. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Question ???

What will a 80 year old grandma have a need for a smartphone anyway ? Eyes are shot in most cases, they tend not to be technology savvy, they don't text at all in most cases, hard of hearing for any music that is saved if saved at all for the older generations.

I'm almost 70 years old, and I use my smartphone because I do keep up with technology a lot but I don't text at all, I don't watch a small screen for movies, nor play games, but I do use the camera, GPS, but very old individuals do not, and I do talk as the phone was meant for.

So my question again is, why are you even considering top of the line expensive costing and expensive data plan iphone 5S for an 80 year old. I am baffled at this thinking.

Have you even spoken to her about this and what does she have now in way of a phone ?

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Get her whatever color. and put a case in her favorite color on it.

10. acore, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

acore thread starter macrumors member

acore

So it appears (thus far) Gold/White is the favorite iPhone 5s color for Grandmas!

[​IMG]

11. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

And? Oh I get it, you bought a grey one. The thread makes sense now :rolleyes:

12. terzinator macrumors 6502

13. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

My mum is a grandma, she would never have a gold phone. Probably white/silver.

edit: looks like white/silver is the best for grandmas now, gold bashing thread is over.

14. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

15. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

IDK my grandma doesn't know how to use a cellphone. She is going to be 88 in 2 months. But, my mom bough a touchscreen laptop and she can answer whenever I call on skype since she just has to press the green button w her finger. Before w the older computer it was impossible for her to get the mouse to the green button. I think touchscreen scan be more intuitive for the older gen. Of course I wouldn't get her a 5S. Maybe a 5C for LTE and camera since the simpler to do the better.

17. acore thread starter macrumors member

acore

Gold/White back on top for the best color for Grandma! ;)

[​IMG]

There is NO Gold bashing, as I only want the best for my Grandma and I want to get her the color iPhone 5s that would make her the happiest. :apple:

18. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

19. richpuer macrumors 6502

this^ my mom and her sister both ordered gold

20. Jason1978 macrumors regular

Wow your 80 year old grandma wants an iPhone? That is great!!! My dad has a flip phone and laughs at the younger generation. That is so cool! I miss my grandma :( I remember my grandma had a hard time swiping through the screens every time I tried to show her pictures LOL

21. acore thread starter macrumors member

acore

iPhones are so user friendly and intuitive it is only natural that they are the perfect phones for Grandmas & Grandpas everywhere.

Gold/White iPhone 5s still at the top of the poll as the best iPhone 5s color for Grandmas everywhere!

[​IMG]

22. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Had to settle for space grey i'm guessing? Don't worry bro you can get the gold one once the hype dies down. :rolleyes:

23. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I think a 5C is the best color 5s....wait a sec.

Joking aside, I doubt she'd use the extra stuff a 5S offers. My 86 year old grandfather has an iPhone 4, and the only thing he uses it for is the phone and FaceTime, which is cool so he can see my kids more often.

Unless she's a retired computer engineer or tech geek, chances are the extra capabilities will be wasted.

24. acore thread starter macrumors member

acore

[​IMG]

Gold & White iPhones are still the top choice for Grandmas everywhere! :D

25. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

You keep quoting me about this, if you could read you'd notice I don't have a gold 5S so I don't give a crap about your troll thread.