Which color looks better?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Feb 3, 2008.

?

Which Color?

1. White

53 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Black

76 vote(s)
    58.9%
  1. TSE macrumors 68030

In your opinion, which color looks the best on the MacBooks?

I am just curious, because after buying the Black MacBook, I am starting to think White would've been better suited for me, as they don't get the permanent glossy keyboards from use.

2. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I found the white got quite scratched up and generally showed signs of use more than black. My white MacBook also suffered from discolouration on the wrist rests, trackpad and in other areas which I never really touched. I returned it to Apple twice because of this.

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

from what i've seen, black shows more fingerprints and always looks really greasy. White does not have this issue, but the yellowing palmrests would definitely bother me. Macbook Pros don't have either issue :)

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

There's pros and cons to both. The white shows a bit more discoloration and dirt. But, the black is a finger print and smudge magnet. You have to clean them both regularly to stop any stains. I have a white one and I wipe it off now and them with alcohol wipes and it works very well.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but the white MacBook is more like a "chick" computer, while the black one is more of a "guy" machine. Kinda like how the VW Rabbit convertible is a "chick" car. Anyway - I'm not really that much of a chauvinist, but there it is.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i like the black hence i got one

as far as white being a chick computer i dont think so. i just didnt happen to like glossy finish. plus i like my electronics to be black or black and silver

8. modesty macrumors member

my girlfriend really wants the rabbit. she says its definitely girly. her friend has the white macbook too. but then again she likes my macbook pro

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I recently bought a black one, but I like the matte finish better than the glossy white.

My wife has a white 2.0GHz Core Duo MacBook - no doubt its a nice machine (which is why I bought mine) - but I prefer the black finish and the aluminum of the MBP over the white.

10. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

I had white sr notebook for a while but soon its back started getting scratched so i went and return the product as it was in return period and i got a new black book. black book has some fingerprint problems but its get clean easly and it not as glossy as white...

11. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

What is the MBP?

12. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I know it's probably the 'popular' vote, but I like the white model - simply for the fact that I had a Dell that was black with the same size screen and the through no fault of their own the blackbooks remind me of that computer, Which was a piece of junk really...

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

its the macbook pro duh :p

haha i would say its professional looking seeing as thats what youre really asking

14. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

The black one is the better looking of the two... definitively... just not sure it's somewhere between $125 and NOK 890 worth better looking... the price difference is smaller than it used to, and I don't mind paying a premium for a cooler colour, but it's still a bit much...

...and chances are I'm going for a metallic cased portable Mac, and not a coloured plastic one... ;)

15. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Volkswagen REALLY screwed up their American range. I don't think comparing computers to a company that is as clueless as VW is a good idea.

No car with a MINIMUM of a 2.5L engine can be considered "girly". In Europe the Rabbit is called the Golf and it starts at 1.4L.

16. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I would agree that black is for "boys" and white is for "girls". But, I like my white MB...I tell everyone it's how I express my feminine side. :D:D:D

17. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I liked the black....hence why I got it. The smudging/fingerprinting/oiling is a downside. But the little microfiber cloth that came with the computer is good to take out at least the fingerprints rather easily....and the more problematic ones a damp cloth does the job fine. For the grease, the magic eraser takes it all off and then looks like new. In 3 years time I can give the computer the same cleaning to make it look like new to sell it and get more $$$$...something I can't do with the white since scratches don't come off.

18. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

I prefer the black even though it peels a little bit...no biggy.

19. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

20. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Does anyone know how to get rid of the gloss that the MacBook gets from using it? It's not grease, because I wash it everyday, but there seems to be a permanent "gloss" wearing down the matte on the space bar and on the mouse clicker.

21. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

22. kabunaru Guest

23. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Black

looks soooo much better then crappy white, gives it more style
    iTeen

24. Boothy macrumors newbie

25. mrklaw macrumors 65816