Which Color Profile

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by twobs, Oct 2, 2007.

1. twobs macrumors newbie

Newbie first thread..........

Just got my 24" iMac and wondered what system display color profile to pick -sRGB seems like a good one , but............. Thanks, twobs

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

My (older white) 24" imac came with a default profile for the monitor called simply "iMac". I calibrated the display with my Spyder Pro colorimeter and noticed that Apple's default profile was not so bad and was a close but not exact match to the custom profile I made. If you don't have a hardware calibration device I'd stay with the default.

But if you care enough about color to be asking this you really should go out and buy a colorimeter. They've gotten cheap. The new Spyder Express is something like $80 now.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

4. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

I bought a Color Spyder 2 Express from Amazon for something like $65 and couldn't be happier with it. It does what you ask for.

5. Dembo macrumors regular

Dembo

Before you spend either money on a hardware colorimeter or time using the calibration tools build into OS X give SuperCal (http://bergdesign.com/supercal/) a try.

I absolutely love the profiles I generated using it and it is definetly more obvious for my eyes to adjust the SuperCal samples than adjusting Apple's standard images.

6. nawks macrumors newbie