Which Colour Laser Printer? (Brother, HP, Samsung)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Simo1122, May 23, 2009.

1. Simo1122 macrumors member

Simo1122

Hey All,
    I'm looking into buying a good colour multifunction laser printer. It must have:

- Colour Laser Printing
    - Duplex Printing
    - Network and USB
    - Scan, Copy, Fax
    - Don't need wireless printing

From that I have narrowed it down to these three as they meet the requirements (Unless I missed something, or somebody can suggest something else):

1. Officeworks | Brother MFC-9450CDN Colour Laser Multifunction

2. Officeworks | Hewlett Packard (HP) LaserJet CM2320FXI Colour Laser Multifunction

3. impressive color output, low cost per page CLX-6210FX - color laser multifunction printers & faxes - printers & multifunction | SAMSUNG

They are all around the same price and their toners are around the same price (Australian Dollars)...But which one do I choose?

I'm not sure (Does anybody know?) which of the three support printing/copy/scan over the network for mac - I would really want this. Since this is probably done by the companies own software, which one has the best mac software?

2. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I would also look at Aficio printers. I ordered mine from Staples (or Office Depot, can't remember which) for $999. Excellent printer, fast, duplexes, great printing. Thing is a monster and weighs a ton though.

3. cube macrumors G5

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I have a brother 7840W for the house office and its been great... I wanted a brother color unit but couldn't get it shipped to my FPO addy due to the shipped weight...

The brother units are much less over time to operate vs any HP printer due to the separate drum units brother uses AND Newegg frequently runs 20% coupon specials on consumables for them.

5. Simo1122 thread starter macrumors member

Simo1122

Nah I mean duplex printing - Duplex copying would be a bonus tho.

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

I use the MFC-9450CDN. :)

It works rather well it seems :D, though I've still not tested it with envelopes.

Drivers are fairly simple, and seem to contain the features/settings you'd expect. And no where near the bloat I'm accustomed to with HP's of the last 5 years or so.

Hope this helps. :)

7. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

I don't know much of anything about laser printers, but I personally haven't had the greatest luck with HP and drivers with my mac sometimes. It may not be an issue on higher-end machines though.

8. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I would say anything but the brother I say this because my step father works with printers for a living ( business/office printer repairman ) and he said that he gets more phone calls to repair brother printers then any other! I can back this claim up with the bad experience I have had with them as well :(

9. Simo1122 thread starter macrumors member

Simo1122

Are you able to scan/print with ease over the network using macs?

10. nanofrog macrumors G4

Yes, but it's only set for a single machine ATM.

11. Simo1122 thread starter macrumors member

Simo1122

Great! Time to go buy a printer!