Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appler8

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Macbook Pro 15 inch and Macbook Air 11 inch vs Macbook Pro 17 inch and iPad 2.

Spadoinkles

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
Florida
A $200 Toshiba, because that seems to suffice your basic needs of asking stupid, mindless questions on here without stating any other information that's necessary for us to consider before responding.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
A $200 Toshiba, because that seems to suffice your basic needs of asking stupid, mindless questions on here without stating any other information that's necessary for us to consider before responding.

He asked which one would YOU choose. Not which one he should choose. As always it's speedy with the sarcasm around here.

To answer your question. I've been considering the same idea.

11" Air for sure and it's a toss up between the 15 and 17". The size of the 17" screen is appealing.

Spadoinkles

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
Florida
He asked which one would YOU choose. Not which one he should choose. As always it's speedy with the sarcasm around here.

To answer your question. I've been considering the same idea.

11" Air for sure and it's a toss up between the 15 and 17". The size of the 17" screen is appealing.

Wasn't sarcasm, frankly.
I've taken my pick of 15" + 11".

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon

Neither?

The iPad is too incapable for what I need to do with a mobile, and the 15 Macbook Pro won't hack what I need to do at my desk.

d0nK

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
UK
I'd choose a MBP 15" for all manner of serious and non-serious work, play and interests, whilst being portable enough to take round different locations and use.
iPad2 for walking around the house with.

I do music production, 3D work, Photoshop work, as well as web development and everything else. Everyone has different needs so I don't understand the point of this thread, e.g. I have absolutely no interest in the Air's whereas other people love them.

trikky

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011

Hmm...do I have so much money I feel the need to buy two laptops for myself (I suppose it's an expensive way of having dual monitors)?

Do I want to have a HUGE laptop and a wee play toy?

None of the above. I've just bought a 17" MBP and although I toyed very briefly with the idea of getting an iPad too, I quickly got that out of my mind.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
MBP 17" + iPad 2 if I had to choose between your options.
MBP 17" + 32GB iPod Touch is what I actually chose.

I don't see the point in having a notebook AND an iPad, as you can't carry either in your pocket, but you can carry either in a bag.

Spadoinkles

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
Florida
MBP 17" + iPad 2 if I had to choose between your options.
MBP 17" + 32GB iPod Touch is what I actually chose.

I don't see the point in having a notebook AND an iPad, as you can't carry either in your pocket, but you can carry either in a bag.

Not true (for me anyway :D). I have secondary cameras importing live into a laptop on my film sets, whilst I use air display on an iPad as a wireless carryaround monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.