Which comes first: Permanent card charge or "Preparing for Shipment"?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by oldwren, Apr 22, 2015.

1. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

Should I be watching my iPhone's lock screen (Amex push notifications FTW) or the Apple order page for the soonest indication that my watch is about to ship?

Which has come first in your experience?

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

The charge will show up before the order page. Typically the order page is delayed by a few minutes. They won't set your order to next step until you pay them.

3. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

the chicken because the egg had to come from somewhere although it could be argued the egg because chickens evolved from dinosaurs so the first "chicken" may have had an "almost chicken" for a parent

4. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I still think the egg.

5. vladzaharia macrumors regular

An "almost chicken" is not a chicken though. The first chicken had to have come from an egg, evolution does not work through instant mutation into another species. The mutations needed to go from whatever the chicken evolved from into a chicken happen each generation to the children.

6. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

It could depend on your credit card company to be honest. I'm sure some get their notifications out faster than others.

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Yeah, but it had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first. The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Mine has had a "pending charge" since 4/20 though it has been preparing for shipment since that time, as well.