which company makes the best iphone cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ceviche Lover, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

im getting my first iphone and am looking to get a case for it sometime after launch. i tend to drop my phones so im looking for something that offers good protection. i currently have a samsung galaxy epic and although it is cheap feeling i have dropped it several times and it has never cracked or broken. the iphone looks like its a bit more delicate so ill need to add some protection to it.

i understand there wont be alot of choices at launch for cases but I'm willing to wait a month or two.

thanks

2. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

I like Pong cases. Hopefully their claims about reducing phone radiation are true. however, my wife's phone with on of their cases was ran over by a city bus and she was able to reuse the case on her new phone with no problem.

3. maliu macrumors 6502a

Lifeproof! The only case I will have on my phone. Waterproof too.

4. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I like otterbox defender for the protection they offer. I cannot comment on any other cases as i have never used them.

5. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

For a simple, no hassle case, I like CAPDASE.
    It's from a hard rubber (silicone?) and keep the phone protected from scratch.
    Pretty sturdy too. I've dropped my iPhone multiple times and still no scratch or dent.

For screen protectors, definitely powersupport.

6. ARSC macrumors 6502

7. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Is there any other case which provides otterbox type protection but is cheaper and hopefully does not add the bulk what otter box does ?

8. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

thank you guys. also i am looking for something as thin as possible while offering good protection. i'm not a fan of these bulky cases as i tend to keep the phone in my pocket everywhere i go. dont want it to feel like a brick in there

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You could try the iPhone accessories subforum (ya know, where people go to ask and talk about iPhone accessories?)

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I like CaseCrown (especially the matte black or glossy white, they really make the phones uniform). Incipio also makes a good, thin, case (the Feather), though the paint does peel over time.

11. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

I prefer the Otterbox commuter. Doesn't add much bulk at all, and has great protection. I like the defender too, but it's a bit much for me.

12. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I like the Otterbox defender and commuter cases. And the Incase slider case. I use both regularly.

13. easycomeeasygo macrumors newbie

Silica gel shell will never broke

I 'd like to buy beautiful Silica gel shells whatever the manufacurer or the brand is.

14. nw9 macrumors regular

15. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

After having tried 20 or so different brands (including most of the ones posted here) I'd have to say Moshi. Really minimal design and gives a nice slightly rubbery feel to it. Very high quality, very nice fit.

16. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

17. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

incase and magpul for minimalistic yet with good protection.

I like speck but too bulky

18. Chargerdan macrumors member

I like the Seidio cases. I don't keep my phone in my pocket and prefer a belt clip holster type of set-up.

19. Nikki2 macrumors member

20. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith