Which copy of Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Fed, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Fed macrumors 6502

Prior to purchasing a new MBP, I purchased Mountain Lion for use on other notebooks I have. However, now that I have a new MBP with Mountain Lion pre-installed, which one shall I keep/download for future use (when I buy an SSD)? Shall I use the image I downloaded originally or re-download the one provided by Apple from here.

Also, slight side question while I'm here, how do I turn off application auto-restore when I reboot? I can't seem to see it in Sys Pref -> General. Thank you

2. ramram55 macrumors 6502

get it from one provided by apple, that is the one you paid for it, it is always the most current one.

3. Fed thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry I didn't quite understand your post. Do you mean keep download the Mountain Lion provided by the link (e.g. the new one that came with MBP)?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

use the up to date program to get a free copy that way you can download it as many times as you want from the Mac App Store puchased tab

5. ADMProducer macrumors regular

If you've already purchased ML from the app store. Use that one. I see no reason to bother claiming your free copy. You can install the app store bought copy on as many macs as you own.