Which Dell display to choose for Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iwantmymacnow, Mar 13, 2009.

1. iwantmymacnow macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. Hopefully I posted this in the right forum. I'm in the market for an external monitor as I am doing graphic design at uni and need a bigger screen than my 13" macbook aluminum's. I was thinking 20-22" (suggest if you think otherwise!). Two I have singled out are the Dell SP2009W 20" and the Dell S2209W 21.5". Can anyone tell me which is the better of the two? They are both the same price. I don't really want to spend much more than that and I'm not fussed on this whole TN vs ISP thing. Please help!!

2. ENY7 macrumors newbie

My father purchased the SP2009W Dell Monitor as a second monitor, being wooed by its price. It was the worst monitor we have ever had. Our 5 year old sony monitor was better. The monitor's quality was just unsatisfactory. We promptly returned it and replaced it with: S2409W 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor, which is an amazing monitor, probably not the most colour accurate but the best quality of colour I've ever seen. Can't say anything about the 22" however. Best of luck!

3. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a