Which desk?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Get Syked, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Get Syked macrumors newbie

Which desk would you rather have?

This: Link

or

This: Link

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Get Syked thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Malivar macrumors member

The Mikael Black-Brown/White. Simplicity is key, for me anyways. ;)

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

6. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I prefer the Jonas one. I like having some drawers to put things in.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Here's a helpful hint: When composing a post, before you click "Submit Reply", try clicking "Preview Post". It will let you see what your post will look like and give you a chance to click on links to make sure they work properly, before posting.

9. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

If you're talking to me, my link works fine. But thanks for the advice =D

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If this is where you intended it to go, then it works fine, but your link takes me here:

Attached Files:

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Same for me, but because it is a .ca website, if you notice the URL changes when it recognizes that you are in the U.S.

Side Bar: Really posting the thread notice from '03? Why?

12. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

My mistake, but there is no need to get snotty.

Anyway, here's the product info so you can look it up:

Z-Line Designs Eclipse Workstation, Cherry
    Item Number 517456

And here is a picture.

Attached Files:

13. Get Syked thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking the same thing. But i dont know if I have enough places to put my stuff without the drawers.

14. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

That Staples desk looks mighty functional, but it sure isn't pretty. :/

I would get the MIKAEL, and then add the drawer unit. Drawers are dead useful...

15. Get Syked thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point there, I think I might do that. Thanks.;)

16. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yeah I do too. I do like the MIKAEL one though!

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That was a post from arn, the site owner, describing the intent of this forum, which was discussing Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion on Mac-related hardware and software, not furniture.

18. Get Syked thread starter macrumors newbie

This is talking about things in stock. We just happen to be talking about furniture.

19. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I fully understand that it was from arn. My comment was more towards the:
    a. There are numerous desk thread questions that I have seen over the past couple years
    b. I'm going to say half, probably closer to two-thirds of the threads that end up in here are related to something other then the three things listed
    c. Somewhat related, sure it won't full in the definition of "hardware", however, neither will the discussion of the Rain Design iLap or the Incase Hardshell Case
    d. Let's say that even if it doesn't fall within arn's intentions from 2003; what should happen. I understand and likewise do the same in telling people to use the search feature and mroogle; however, it seems odd to hawk down on someone who was asking a question.

I don't see how the OP violated any other rule that would seem to fall into the "intent" of rules that result in closing threads or banning users. Nor am I really sure why one would close the thread, and if not, what action one would take if not closing the thread?

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The Mikael desk is larger than average, although not big enough for me, personally. I like them HUGE. ;)

However, compared to the majority of desks out there, it's larger than average, and would serve most people well. If that's what you want, it's a great deal. :)

You have a really bad habit of policing the forums. This sort of question has been posted here every day for YEARS, and if these types of threads were a problem, then they would always be deleted. However, they're not deleted, and you don't see a half-dozen locked threads here because this isn't really enforced. People come here to ask for bag advice, and that's not a Mac-specific question. You can even ask for a case for your new Blackberry Bold mobile if you so choose, despite it not being an iPhone.

You can already tell what this thread was about by reading its title. If you don't like it, try not posting in it.

If you see a thread that's spam, then report it to the mods.

21. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, I didn't attack the OP or tell them not to post. I simply offered a link to arn's purpose of the forum. I left it to the OP to decide what, if anything, to do about it. I didn't suggest that anyone violated any rule. If they had, I would have simply reported the post, which I didn't.

Abstract, you have a bad habit of sticking your nose in matters that are none of your business. I didn't address a post to you, and I didn't ask for your opinion of my post. I'm not policing the forums. If you don't like or understand the purpose for my posts, ignore them.

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Returning to the question posed by the OP, I must confess that I don't care much for either option, although the second scores on appearance, while the first might be more practical. My own preference would be for something made from solid wood - pine is reasonably priced - rather than these unpleasant and sometimes overpriced, compounds.
    Cheers

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Back on topic, I was considering both the same desks when I redid my office a month ago. I went with the Mikael (get the glass top too). Nice and sturdy.