Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
This is very interesting, I have 3 devices I can take with me anywhere..

Bed: Either the iPad or iPod Touch. The iPad has the nice big screen for me to browse the web. If its too late and I need some shut eye i'll just grab the iPod touch, listen to some music and surf some quick sites + check email. But if not then the iPad will easily be used for like an hour...but holding it lying down isn't as easy as the iPod Touch. But then again the iPod Touch doesn't have the nice big screen for everything.

School: It used to be my MBP. I haven't seen one person at my college with an iPad so i've been hesitant to take mine out; i just know everyone will want to play with it. But then again the semester is almost over so screw it. With Pages on the iPad i'm pretty much set; though lately i've been taking the iPod Touch...

Anyways, i could go through the whole list but thats just boring...

...You're turn!

(Car; iPod for music hooked up to the car but iPad for everything else)
(Bathroom, iPad preferably but something just iPod)

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Bed: A book
School: iPhone and maybe, maaaaybe my mb
Work: Couldn't take anything including iPhone
Bathroom: Usually forget to bring something and if I do, it's the iPhone
Car: I have my iPod touch hooked into my car's aux
Home: My desktop

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Answer to everything for me is the iPad, except when I am in my car i use my iPhone because I currently only have a car mount for that. I don't know if I will buy an iPad mount. If I did it would only be for GPS navigation, and honestly I prefer the least amount of distractions while driving so I think I won't bother.

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Same here, I take my iPhone everywhere and my iPad. I would use my iphone in the car. At work, I use my iPad. Bedtime, I have my iphone with me. I don't really use my notebook unless, I need to update.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
Bed: A book
School: iPhone and maybe, maaaaybe my mb
Work: Couldn't take anything including iPhone
Bathroom: Usually forget to bring something and if I do, it's the iPhone
Car: I have my iPod touch hooked into my car's aux
Home: My desktop

Where do you work? Minitru? =P

Anyway, for me:

Took my iPad to school for the first time yesterday. Got many "omg is that the iPad? can i see??" remarks. Most everyone was very nice, except for one girl who kept dismissing it off as "well its just a big ipod touch" but i could tell that she was just frustrated that everyone was paying attention to it (instead of her? XDD)

Pages worked out surprisingly well, and i was using Backgrounder (jailbreak) to listen to Pandora while doing some work (it was not during a class XP)

Work: I am a full-time student. So...see above >_<

Bathroom: Deff iPad. I used to hoist my MacBook Pro over to the bathroom every time i went, because i usually relax to do my business, so im in there for at least ten minutes. iPad was much easier to use.

Bed: Well While I'm home, i usually use my computer on the bed (unless im doing a super important writing assignment or something. In that case, i figure upright posture and whatnot will help me concentrate better) But when it's time for sleep, i check my news apps a bit, and stand my iPad up on its Macally Bookstand, turn on a podcast (i love falling asleep to podcasts) and bring up Night Stand HD.

Car: I use my Zune (OMG BLASPHEMY) to listen to music (come to think of it...I haven't seen my AUX cable in a while-need to find that) while I've been a passanger, i love the bigger screen of the iPad to navigate using G-maps, but if im driving i usually glance at my iPhone at stoplights.

Home: If i want to do super multitasking- like now- i have my macbook on my right an dmy ipad on left, doing different things. But if im just in the living room or something, ipad for casual browsing/emails

Someting i really love= in the mornings. The other morning i was getting ready and i set my iPad to play news updates up on the counter while i washed my face and brushed my teeth, and had it playing NPR while showering. Wish the speaker was a bit louder tho.

Nghia Nguyen

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
California
Interesting post.

Bed: definitely iPad. I used to use my iPhone to read MLIA or listen to some music before sleeping. Now I have the iPad, I can read news or books while still being able to do everything I've been able to do with the iPhone.

School: My university is equipped with Apple computers (at least in my major department) and I barely bring my MacBook Pro to school. But in case I have to deal with group work, MBP is a must to tag along.

Work: I work at a bookstore, so no electronic devices are allowed. But I do bring my iPhone.

Bathroom: Definitely iPad.

Car: iPod Nano hooked up o the car's aux.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Where do you work? Minitru? =P

Those pesky government defense jobs and their security lol. Wasn't allowed any tech (calculators, mp3 players, phones, internet, etc) on site. Understandable posture but won't lie, kinda sorta sucked. At least that was what I was doing for over a year until recently when I decided to come back for grad school.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Car, gym, store (shopping list) = iPod Touch
Syncing, burning DVDs, video or sound editing (very infrequently) = MBP
Everything else = iPad

Caveat: I grudgingly give up the iPad to my daughter on occasion, she loves it as much as I do. It just about kills me. However, I do love my daughter more (slightly).

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Home use and for multitasking + power using - Macbook Pro
When i'm in another room and not doing anything but browsing or simple computing - ipad
going to friends house to play video games or work out - ipad and iphone
gym - nano or iphone
car - nano stays here 99% of the time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.