Which display for MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by t0ddl3s, Jun 26, 2009.

1. t0ddl3s macrumors newbie

2. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

3. t0ddl3s thread starter macrumors newbie

The resolutions seemed pretty good and i heard they are great brands, the BenQ is the cheapest decent 24" i can find.
    Im wanting a monitor that can display decent color and black levels, unlike my MacBooks screen.

I just found this one too: http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=378540

Ive also been looking on the Dell site and all their monitors do not compare to these monitors in price, design, and features.

4. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I guess my question would be, what are you planning on doing with an external display?

To be honest, you may be disappointed with the prospects here. I have a 24" Samsung which I use for my PC and when I hooked my MacBook Pro up to it I thought this doesn't look as good as my laptop screen. It wasn't horrible but not nearly as good. Then I tried gaming on it. While this did work it was apparent that even the dedicated video in my MBP wasn't going to be able to drive my 24" external display at the frame rates I wanted.

If all you are doing is typical things, like surfing the web, e-mail and stuff this probably will not be a worry.

5. t0ddl3s thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to mainly run After Effects and sometimes Photoshop and occasionally watch a movie. Which is why ive been looking for monitors with high resolutions. An i right to believe that the higher the resolution, the crisper the picture will be?