Which display U2412 or U2713?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SteelBlueTJ, Oct 5, 2013.

1. SteelBlueTJ, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

I currently have a mac mini and I run a U2412 as my primary display and a 20" aluminum cinema display as my secondary monitor. Originally I planned on just getting another U2412 to match but then I stumbled up on the U2713 and now I am not sure which one to get. I always felt the 24 was a tad in the small side for me. My desk is a ikea fredrik which is only 55" long. I could probably squeeze the 27 on along with the 24 but it would be tight. I plan to mount them on vesa arms too. I dont even use my secondary display all that much. I would say i have it on maybe 60% if the time. So maybe the 27 could replace both? Has anyone ever gone from dual displays to one larger display and regretted it? Thanks for any advice.

2. John Kotches macrumors 6502

We just got U2713HM monitors at our office. Amazing.

I still want/need dual displays, one I use just for e-mail and Communicator, the other for my "active" work, i.e. Shell sessions, X Windows, Browser sessions, Word/Excel/Visio etc.

If you can stretch your budget, you will be very pleased. Of course it's very easy for me to spend your money.

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Just by the NEC 55" and you will only need one monitor!

I think you will miss the second screen if you get rid. 27" is not that much bigger than the 24" (certinly not as big as two)

4. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

maybe put the u2412 in portrait, should save a lot of space...

i love my u2713h but i have two of 'em

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Yes, and yes.

6. thedeske macrumors 6502a

No one regrets a larger display (that I Know) but it's about what you do with them. If you trade or mix audio/video, 2 monitors are more important than size.