Which display would you choose to go along with 27" iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SteelBlueTJ, Oct 16, 2013.

1. SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

I currently have a new 27" iMac on order. I don't have it yet, but I am having trouble trying to decide which of my displays to keep as a secondary monitor with the iMac. I have both the Dell U2412 and the 20" Aluminum Cinema Display. I love the looks of the cinema display and it matches the iMac. But it's old technology now and the cords are very cumbersome. Plus I'm not sure but I would assume the size would look really small next to the 27" iMac. The U2412 is an excellent display but doesn't match the "Apple look." Which one would you go with? Does anyone still use the old cinema displays?

2. mrmarts macrumors 65816

If I where to choose a monitor i would go for the cinema display keep it all apple besides the screen looks fantastic in terms of looks and picture quality .

3. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

My main rig consists of a 21" 2011 iMac and a 20" Cinema Display. It's a beautiful combination that works wonderfully; so yes, people do still use the old cinema displays!

4. Woyzeck macrumors 6502

Apple Cinema Display/Thunderbolt Display or a Dell Ultrasharp U2711/U2713.

The Dell's are slightly better than Apple's screens (better calibration, better connectivity, better warranty t&c), but they don't look as nice. However they're much cheaper (but still use the same panel).