Which do you like better? The 1st gen iPhone, or the new iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Astro8973, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

I personaly prefer the 1st gen. I do not like the plastic back on the new one. i am a t-mobile customer so i have no use for the 3g and i can live without GPS (have all my life). so which do you prefer?

2. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

There were 2 items I wanted on the new iPhone. GPS and 3G. I got both, I am happy.

There are other things I would like to see, but I am not going to complain about their absence. The iPhone really is a marvelous piece of fluid, easy to use technology. For all the wonder it has packed into itself, I can overlook a few things that aren't all that important to me anyway.

Oh, yeah... I like the 3G better, appearance wise too. I have had plastic backed phones my entire cellphone using life, and it has never bothered me before. The original's metal back was a standout design, but it was a pain to hold in the cold, and it added weight to it. The weight was no big deal for short use, or two handed use, but damn if you didn't feel it after a 2 hour long phone call when you forgot your Bluetooth... Yeesh.

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I am looking forward to checking out the new case design. Sometime the current iPhone is a bit hard to hold. I think something with a more rounded back will be a plus, but ill have to see in person.

4. Resist macrumors 68030

Obviously the 2nd gen iPhone is more advanced but it still has a ways to go before being perfect. I would like to see a camera in the front for video chat and zoom capabilities.