Which do you prefer? Safari or App?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrangeCuse44, Dec 12, 2008.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Browsing in Mobile Safari

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. Using official App Store apps

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I recently realized that I prefer having an official app released for sites I frequent as opposed to browsing in Mobile Safari (such as Amazon, eBay, etc). I check often to see if other sites or services I use have released an official App Store App. I'm curious as to the overall preference regarding this. Vote up top and leave a reason if you so choose.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

The Apps usually are more full featured than the Safari version. I pefer the apps as long as they work well.

3. X-Ravin macrumors regular

Official app all the way. They are generally much faster since all of the user interface is stored and rendered locally.

4. mets1125 macrumors regular

Some apps are good/better than using the web browser in safari. 2 apps I rather use safari for are amazon and yelp.

5. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I think more for me, its all about the iPhone-optimized websites.... I'd like to see Arn bring this to MR in some way or...... maybe an app??? Could this be done... if so, that would be awesome!

6. minik macrumors 65816

In some cases, web apps are better than real apps. Recently, the Facebook app just failed on me.

7. jlwillia macrumors regular

Ok, I think people are getting a little carried away with the Apps. I think an app. for Facebook is about the only app. we need for a website. I only have about 10 apps. and I think this is pushing my limit. When a new app. comes out that I need to have, I will delete one I use less.

Having an app. for websites that I will only visit once in a while seems ridiculous to me. Having to scroll through pages of apps. to find the one for ebay or MR seems like more work than just using the mobile version of the website.

Just my 2 cents....

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I can not stand the "mobile" versions of anything.

9. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

10. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

For most, especially the ones the OP addressed, I prefer an app.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

12. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

No. :p

13. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

The only site I frequent with an iPhone site andn App is Facebook, and I byfar prefer the iPhone optimized site. Being able to type landscape is a nice plus, but it's also laid out way better. And it supports Events (kind of...), whereas the App doesn't. Half the time I use mobile Facebook is to double check Event times/places/etc., so it's an important feature imo.