iPhone Which do you use? Cydget or Groovylock (or none)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AndrewR23, Feb 14, 2014.

?

Which do you use for LS? Cydget. Groovylock, Winterboard?

1. Cydget

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Groovylock

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Winterboard

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. None

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I love cydget but their is 2 problems. One is the delay and sometimes it won't even load.

Other is when I get a notification it gets blurry and they appear halfway on the home screen.

2. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Chronos LS Cydget. It's really good.

You can fix the notification positioning with LockHTML3. As for getting blurry, that's by design.

3. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

same with the notifications appearing in the middle of the screen?

4. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

That's also by design, to accommodate the clock/date by default. Cydget just places widgets, it doesn't move other stuff around to make sure everything looks perfect. If the clock is removed, LockHTML3 will fix the positioning for you when you select 'move notifications to top'. To not overlap the status bar, you should use around 30 offset (configurable in LockHTML3).

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Thank you so it is normal for the whole widget to disappear when you get a notification then?

Where can I find the 30 offset?

6. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I've used both. Cydget was so laggy it bothered me. I've been on GroovyLock lately and have had no issues so far.

Groovy gets my vote. I'm on a 5s by the way. Just my personal experience!

Edit: If you like simplicity, another tweak out there is SubtleLock.

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Which Groovylock do you have? I mean theme. I can't seem to find chronus for groovy lock, only cydget

8. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I tried Cydget, GroovyLock and LockHTML3, but had too many safe mode crashes when trying to use touch or animated widgets. Could be because I have a passcode set, but not using one isn't an option. For now I'm just using WinterBoard for my homescreen.

9. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

So I downloaded the HTML 3 tweak and now whenever I get a notification it flashes my lock screen clock that I have hidden. Why?

10. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Check out Modmyi. They have a lot of themes for Groovy and Cydget. I use a Schnedi created theme at the moment.

11. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ok what in the world is going on with my phone? After installing LockHTML3 and paying for it, I uninstalled it. Now it lets me copy and paste on my home screen, it keeps going these three dots in my status bar (Typestatus but I have it deleted) and every time I get a notification my lock screen clock starts blinking even though I have it hidden.

12. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

With Cydget, is it normal for the lock screen clock to blink once when u get a notification?

Example, I have Typo 5 right now. If the phone is not being used and I get a notification, the lock screen clock will blink once and then go away.

13. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Figured out that BITESMS is causing my lock screen clock to flash whenever I get a notification even tho its hidden

14. HasoMujo macrumors regular

Hi all,

I tried "Cydget" but the widgets I needed (weather info) were not satisfactory... I was looking into "GroovyLock" but, similarily, nothing there appealed to me...

Then "Forecast" by David Ashman come around and I never looked back... :D

15. blakkout macrumors member

16. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I don't like groovy since it relies on winter board. I stopped using winter board a long time and it slows down your device after a while. And it was hard for me to get use to not using winter board and I don't want to get addicted to winter board again.

I have cydget a try but it's not reliable since it doesn't always load. Sometimes it takes time for it to load.

So in conclusion I don't use any of them

17. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

how do you use winter board for your home screen, thought it didn't work on ios7?

18. tomtattoo macrumors member

tomtattoo

For me too.
    But not because I like it so much but I cannot get any combination of Groovylock or LockHTML3 and iWidgets working flawlessly on lockscreen. Any push message, any incoming call, any notification....bam! Safe mode. :(

Even a simple iWidget on homescreen is disappearing all the time!!

I have totally given up trying it and I´m full of envy about your beautiful lockscreens or homescreens. :(:(

19. chambone, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014

chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

I like Subtlelock a lot, but the issue I have with it is that everytime I unlock my phone, a little bit is added to springboard's cpu usage. After a while I'd notice the battery draining more quickly, necessitating a respring. So I use nothing at the moment for my LS. I should look into these other options perhaps.

20. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

It's been working on iOS 7 since January (note I said homescreen, not lockscreen).

21. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Gonna bump this thread.

My findings with a 5S 7.0.6

Cydget, no delay in time but it loads pretty slow sometimes

LOCKHTML3 has a time delay. For example, say its 1:30 and you lock your phone. You come back to it at 1:35 and press either home/sleep wake, the time will still be 1:30 on the Lockscreen and quickly go to 1:35

Groovylock, Same exact issue as LOCKHTML3

Has anyone experienced these issues?

22. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I have an iP5 on 7.0.6. I don't use Cydget much, so I can't comment there. With GroovyLock and LockHTML3, I don't see the issue you mention. I do see a loading delay right after a respring, but not in normal operations.

23. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Then what could be my issue? I saw this exact same loading delay on my 5 too

24. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I was using groovy lock but everyday it would cause my phone to go into safe mode so I stopped using it. Shame cause I really I liked the one I had.

Attached Files:

25. TaylorMatsu macrumors member

I use Groovylock, because Cydget was causing constant Springboard crashes. I only use it for the Chronos tweak