Which dock do you guys prefer?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ionjohn, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Which side do you guys prefer?

1. Left side (current iOs 7-8 dock)

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Right side (more translucent dock)

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Hello guys

Again, it's me with one of my pools.Today I stumbled upon this great image and since I'm not a big fan of the current dock, I'd like for Apple to change it upon receiving many feedback. Just wanna see how many people would go along with me.

Attached Files:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty sure the same kind of thread (if not threads) exists from iOS 7 days as well...given what the dock looks like in iOS 8 it seems like all those votes, feedback, and/or things of similar nature (unfortunately) didn't get very far, and likely won't at this point either.

----------

In fact, amongst others, looks like I just came across almost exactly the same kind of thread about this from iOS 7, and just realized it was posted by you too: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1604541

3. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Well, people did ask for quick reply and we got it? Faster animations? We got 'em. Anything is possible. Tim Cook said it himself, he does read his emails.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

It only took about 8 iOS versions to get quick reply...so I guess somewhere around iOS 15 we might get something along the lines of a more transparent dock (or just a completely redesigned one based on whatever design will be popular at the time). ;)

5. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Still, I'd rather have it in 10 years than never haha I'm a believer, what can I do? :p

6. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

I like the blurred dock.

However, if they decided to go with the transparent one, I think they'd change the whole UI for coherency sake and remove blur for transparency (folders, dock, notification centre and control centre, etc).

Actually, there's a jailbreak tweak called BlurRemover by the great pw5a29 which does exactly that.