Which docks will fit cased iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pmbooks, Jul 5, 2009.

1. pmbooks macrumors regular

pmbooks

I'm considering something like the Yamaha pdx-30 but don't want to invest the $$ if I have to constantly take the case off to dock. Other options would be a simple charge dock—does the universal dock allow for a case?

Thanks.

2. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Some of the cases do fit the universal dock. Though not sure which ones.

3. pmbooks thread starter macrumors regular

pmbooks

The one I'm using is the Speck Candyshell (not particularly thin).

4. V4705 macrumors 6502

i think every case will work with an "empty" universal dock (without an insert),
    but only few come with a custom dock insert for the universal dock (switcheasy neo, rebel, some of agent18 products).

anyway, i'm using candyshell, slider and contour flick on empty universal dock and its fine, not fast to dock compare to using custom insert, but its ok.

5. pmbooks thread starter macrumors regular

pmbooks

By "empty" universal dock do you mean that it's just resting there but not charging?

6. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

He means there is no adapter in it. By 'adapter' in this case I mean piece of plastic you put around connector so your device fit in.

7. astudentis macrumors regular

8. pmbooks thread starter macrumors regular

pmbooks

Thanks. I really don't mind if it moves around a bit; I just wasn't clear on whether the plug would not quite make it in.

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

10. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

11. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I'm using the Candyshell, and the universal dock adapter that comes with the rebel or Neo from Switcheasy works with it. It also works with the slider, the griffin Elan form, the Clarifi... The Switcheasy dock adapter is awesome. They should sell those alone.

12. V4705 macrumors 6502

13. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I don't quite understand their advertising. 9 out of 10 times if you have the UNIVERSAL DOCK you don't need their extender. You can by the Apple Universal Dock on ebay for $39.95.

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but I know SwitchEasy makes a dock adapter to fit their cases, which coincidently fits most other cases. I know this because I have an iHome for my iPod Touch and Switch Easy Neo case and it now fits my iPhone + Incase Slider. I would think you could contact SwitchEasy and ask them if they will send you just the dock adapter for $5-10. It really will come in handy.

15. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

If anyone knows how to get a hold of one of the SwitchEasy dock adapters or another one that fits an iPhone 3G/S + an Incase Slider, please let us know. I don't want to have to order an entire SwitchEasy case just to get one, and they haven't responded to the email I sent them either.