Which Domain is Better?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sammyman, Jan 3, 2009.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

So I decided a while ago to start a new website, and I have two domains I am playing with. I asked over at webhostingtalk, but I thought I would ask a mac community.

I am planning to build a video sharing site/forums for mac enthusiasts. I will use either of these domains - www.macis.me or www.macit.tv. Which do you think would be better and why?

If anyone is interested in helping me, please send me a pm. Everything for the site has been paid for, including software and hosting. I just would like some help if anyone is interested.

Thanks

2. Mountain/\Ash macrumors newbie

Mountain/\Ash

I like the use of the .tv GTLD for any video related site. I think using .me you could cause some confusion with Apples own "me" service.

3. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought the "me" would make it easier to remember, not really confuse anyone. I guess I can see what you mean though...

BTW, I am updating both sites. You can kind of see the look I was going for on www.macit.tv (the other one has not been modified), although I need to update the flv player software so the videos dont work right now.

4. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

Good idea!

6. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I am going with it for now.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Sorry... I just registered that name. Do you want to buy it from me for $1,000? :D

8. thewright1 macrumors regular

thewright1

Haha, that would suck.

9. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Someone did register the name!!!

But it was me... In fact I registered the name even before I decided on which one is better. But that is only because I am a domain addict!!!!