Which DS to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bc008, Apr 3, 2009.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

Well, I would like to purchase a ninendo ds. My problem is, I dont know if I should buy the DSi, or save the money and buy the DS lite.

I have no older game boy/gba games, so I wont really be missing the slot on the DSi, but I might want guitar hero. I would also like to download older GB games on the DSi, but It would be moot if I had the slot because I could just pick it up on ebay. Also, the DSi plays AAC songs, and my school finally got around to realizing what an iPhone is (cant listen to music in school anymore)(allowed to have Music players but not phones) so that would be a plus for the DSi. But the camera (double camera at that!) seems like a real gimmick to me, and not really needed. (I am also afraid of peope haxxoring me and watching me! LOL. I also like the new matte finish of the DSi, and it seems the DSi will be more capable of hacking with its SD slot.

HELP Macrumors! :)

2. Prabz26 macrumors regular

Prabz26

umm this is not a nintendo forum
    they would have the best advice

but i think its not worth it if you use gamecarts such as an AceKard, R4 or anything like this and if u have this u now what im referring too..;)

then id say DSi all the way
    if you dish out cash for the games
    camera sucks
    it has firmware updates
    speakers arent amazing
    game quailty remains the same
    internet is slow

id say get the new silver DS lites
    there more worth it for now
    until DSi price drop in a year