Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBeastman13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
I'm currently editing a wedding video together, and would like recommendations on which DvD brand I should burn the video onto.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
I use injet printable DVDs so I can label them. I've been using Verbatim Data Life Plus PN 94854 for what seems like a decade now. Burned thousands without a defect.

Dunno about other brands, but the defect % is high on some of them.

kazoonuke

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2009
Michigan
Try using MDISC for archiving

I would recommend a new archival disc by MDISC.
Has no dyes but uses a new type of surface that is like burning into stone.
As of now you have to use a LG brand disc burner. Their laser can burn into the harder surface. I picked some MDISC dvd's a few months ago and putting thru my personal testing. I have frozen them, hung them in a sunny window and had no data errors. Check out their web site at http://www.mdisc.com
I am using them to archive some family photos. These would be great for something as important as wedding photos/video

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Back in the G3 iMac days I found that Verbatim disks gave me the fewest failures.

I've been loyal ever since, although this is probably just superstition at this point. I suspect that all burner hardware and software is a lot better than they were back in 2002.

But hey, even if there's not a real reason, being a happy customer for 12 years is still something worth mentioning.

MAH11

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2010
I second the recommendation for MDisc. This seems to be a game-changing invention in the realm of long-term storage solutions, and the fact that it is backward compatible with DVD technology makes it hard to resist.

Melissa

TheBeastman13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

I just placed an order for a 5pk of Verbatim Archival Gold DvD-R discs to burn to for the wedding video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.