Which email client do you use?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ithinkimalion, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ithinkimalion macrumors member

ithinkimalion

I usually use mail.app but today I started trying Gmail since my main email is Gmail. It has some pluses and some minuses compared to the regular app.

2. GeronimoHero macrumors newbie

GeronimoHero

When I first came back to iOS via the iPhone 5 (last iOS phone was an iPhone 4) after a briefly using a galaxy nexus, I used the Gmail app. I didn't like the amount of time the app spent loading when it first opens so, went back to the stock mail app. I'm actually very happy with it and don't have any complaints for my basic usage.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Mozzila Thunderbird, and have done so for years now...I use the built in clients on my Iphone and iPad, and Gmail for messing around with Android on my new N7.

I gave up on Applemail a long time ago, they just sort of left it as is...

4. masterjohn321 macrumors newbie

I mainly use webmail. But when I need a mail client, it is "nmh" for text mode (command line), and claws-mail if I need a GUI.

I also have Thunderbird and kmail installed. The last time I tried kmail was probably around 2000 - I guess I should give it another try. I'm surprised that you don't have evolution in your poll.

On claws-mail - it is simple, but adequate, it integrates well with "nmh", and it is available for Windows.

More general comment: I prefer that mail be not too tightly integrated with the desktop. When I install an new version of linux, I like to delete all of the prior desktop configuration and make a fresh start. But that would risk losing email with a client (evolution or kmail) that is too tightly integrated.