Which exact date are we going to see iPhone 4S unlocked in US?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emir, Oct 11, 2011.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Hi everyone,

As you can guess from my name i live in Turkey and tech stuff, especially Apple stuff are expensive here and come in late. So i want to know which exact date the iPhone 4S unlocked will be available in US

A family friend of mine is going to go to US for a vacation between 7th-12th of November. I will have them ship it to their address, they will bring back when they're coming back.

I need to make precise calculations about date here or i can lose the chance and pay 1300$ for 16Gb version on December here.

Also i know that i can't buy stuff from the Apple Online store with a Turkish credit card which is Visa, MasterCard or American Express because they don't have american billing addresses. But i've bought my sister a Macbook Air 2 months ago with a Turkish Visa credit card, i checked out as guest and no questions asked they delivered the macbook to my friend in States, he brought it to Turkey when he's coming back 2 weeks later. how'd that happen? Anybody know?

I don't know much about credit cards but there's a possibility of that credit card having no billing address. It was a mile card and bank didn't post the abstract to our house, they emailed it. So is it possible that the credit didn't have a billing address so apple shipped it to a US address but a turkish card?

Thank you very much for your answers
    cheers;

2. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

November, like the website says. Beyond that nobody knows yet.

4. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

oh i hope it's the 1st of november. I need to order and have it delivered by the end of 2nd week of November. Damn

BTW are there any of you guys out there who know about the credit card and billing address stuff i mentioned in the last paragraph of my first post? Any help appreciated, thanks

5. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Why not tell your friend to stop by an Apple store and purchase it in stores?

6. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

I don't want to make her find an Apple store and wait in possible lines and etc on her vacation. She's on vacation i don't wanna annoy her. It would be easier to just ship it to her brother's house who lives there.

Also, what if unlocked one isn't launched by then? :eek:

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

In store purchase will be your best option. There should be no lines by then, though we won't know when in November until the day they start selling them. Unlikely it will be the first.