which external dvd burner?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HBOC, Jan 28, 2017.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

had an iMac for years, so i have dvds' with pictures and such on them. Got a new MBP last summer, so i need a burner to access my dvds.

which external burner is good for the price. I saw that LG has one on sale at best buy for $30, but lots of bad reviews stating the software it comes with only works for 30 days - then you need to subscribe..?
    I don't want to spend $80 for the Apple one. Just need something that works and won't be using it that much.

thanks

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I've been using this one for over 3 years and still is working great to this day!

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I just ordered one of those yesterday. I wanted to rip some of my music CD's again getting higher quality files and realized that I lost my CD drive when I got rid of the Mac Pro. That drive seemed like a logical choice.

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

That's a very expensive choice for a drive that the OP won't be using that much.

5. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I always consider value, not just cost, when I make a purchase. The OP can purchase any burner he wants. I won't be using the burner all that much either. But, the value is there. I didn't see the value in the cheaper options.

6. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

thanks for the replies. Yeah if i was going to spend $50, i would just get the Apple one. Looking for one in the $30 range...

7. kschendel macrumors 6502a

I bought a Memorex outboard DVD drive when my Apple outboard drive started eating DVD's. :-( So far so good, and the price is right.

8. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman