Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
My laptop is not doing so hot...my little 12" PB might be dying soon which is happening at perfect time since I'm getting a new MBP in less than a month...but anywho...

Which hard-drive do people prefer:

Western Digital Passport OR Seagate Free Agent Go

I've heard rumors about the WD not working with MBP's and the like..

recommendations welcome as I will be purchasing in like 3 hours or so...thanx!!!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I would highly recommend Seagate over Western Digital. I've had Western Digital hard drives hard crash on me, but never Seagate hard drives. I would also recommend Acomdata external hard drives, I have one and it works fantastically.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
I would recommend building yourself one, you can make them for much cheaper then a brand HD. If you would like to buy a Brand HD i would recommend LaCie or Western Digital.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
I've got a Seagate. No problems and I love it.

EDIT: I personally haven't heard of any problems with WD, although I've been hearing about lots of problems with Lacie. Who knows??

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I've got a 80GB WD Passport and it works great on bus power even when my iBook G4 is running on battery.

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
I would highly recommend Seagate over Western Digital. I've had Western Digital hard drives hard crash on me, but never Seagate hard drives. I would also recommend Acomdata external hard drives, I have one and it works fantastically.

perfect...i'll pick up the Seagate..

crazycat said:
I would recommend building yourself one, you can make them for much cheaper then a brand HD. If you would like to buy a Brand HD i would recommend LaCie or Western Digital.

I have one of these at home, but i'm working in Puerto Rico for the summer and an wanting a portable one and the enclosures are not easy to find down here. Plus, shipping costs an arm and a leg...

Thanx guys...I was leaning on the Seagate...the WD just looks so nice...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.