Which "Extras" do you actually use?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by motulist, Feb 10, 2008.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

On my Classic, the only extra from the Extras menu that I actually use is games. So I've taken the "Extras" option off my main menu. But before I even forget it's there I want to know if I'm missing out on anything useful there. I don't need my contacts there because I have my cell phone, same goes for clock, and alarm. I don't use iCal enough to make calendars useful, I can't think of a time when I need a stop watch any more precise than the clock and alarms on my cell phone. The only extra I think I might eventually be able to find a use for is notes, but I can't actually think of a way that it'd be useful so far.

Which extras do you use and how do you use them?

2. Charzipan macrumors newbie

I hook up my ipod to a stereo and use the alarm and sleep timer functions daily. I keep a bunch of contacts in case my phone battery dies and I don't have anyone's number, but hasn't happened yet. Other than that, I don't really use the extras.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I will infrequently play games but other than that absolutely nothing. My iPod is almost completely used for music only.

4. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Ical and contacts these being very useful as I don't have a mobile.

5. Highcroft macrumors regular

I usually only use it for games. For most of the other stuff I use my phone.

6. Seanasaur macrumors member

calendar, contacts, games, notes (for e-books), and the stopwatch thingy

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

8. ryan.stewie macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

When I'm traveling, I use the notes section to keep track of my flightplan (which is pasted into a text file from the e-ticket), and the photo section to read a miniature subway map to help me to/fro the airport. Some nights, I use the alarm clock to wake me.

10. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby