Which feature on the new iPhone won't be supported by AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TonyC28, Apr 25, 2010.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Which cool new feature will Apple announce with the new iPhone that AT&T's network won't be able support until a "later date"?

They weren't even ready for MMS when 3.0 came out. Is video chatting with that new front-facing camera going to be a reality any time soon?

2. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Video Chatting shouldnt be an issue for AT & T, theyll get killed in the first month after release but after that no one will use it as much.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, this. Nothing else.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Video calling is the one thing that I can think won't be supported by ANY U.S. carrier until their 4G networks are stable.

5. phrint macrumors 6502

Thank goodness for jailbreaking :D

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They'll be such a small amount of people using it, that I think it won't be a problem. Later, when it gets more mainstream, the networks will be ready for it. I look forward to the days when some kid says, "What is texting?"

7. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Ummmm wouldnt video chatting (the "feature" that isnt even an official feature) the only new thing that would be network related.......so obviously the answer you are looking you and everyone else already knows since its the only option..

Just Sayin

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Love MyWi :D

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Perhaps, perhaps not. The way kids are going nowadays, they won't have the skills to speak person to person. So if they can't do it now, how can they expect to speak to someone by video? In this case, technology is really killing the human factor.

BL.

10. phrint macrumors 6502

Watch the video chat option be wi-fi only until AT&T approves it for use on their network. The only thing holding the capabilities back of the iPhone is Apple for not giving it to more carriers in the US. Then we wouldn't be restricted from certain features.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a possibility.
    Not sure how well it would work cause for video calls you will need to upload and download at the same time. And even though AT&T's download speeds are good not sure how well the upload would be. On wifi it shouldnt be a problem.

12. bks691 macrumors regular

ATT has had video calling for years, I've been using it when I go out of town too video chat with the wife and kids since 2006. It will be nice to be able to do it from my iPhone and without switching sims and phones around.

13. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Hahaha...just looking through old posts. Looks like video calling was the winner

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

FaceTime will likely never be supported by any of the carriers. Why should they and put yourself in their position. Require someone to make a phone call and use minuets on their cell plan or allow someone to use FaceTime for free and use 50x the bandwidth?

15. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

If I would have saw this post in April, I would have guessed being able to use the iPhone as a phone.

I would have been right.