Which files do I need to copy?

ump3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2003
97
0
I am working from home (running 10.3.9) but will soon be working at a place with 10.4, What files do I need to transfer to keep all my passwords etc that are embedded in Firefox in the form of various logins on many of my favorites?

Thanks
 

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
1,830
0
ump3 said:
I am working from home (running 10.3.9) but will soon be working at a place with 10.4, What files do I need to transfer to keep all my passwords etc that are embedded in Firefox in the form of various logins on many of my favorites?

Thanks
In your user name home folder, there should be a "Library" Folder, inside that there is a Mozilla folder. Keep following that down and you will find Profiles, default, then another folder in that which should be your user profile. Don't mind that its named kind of funny. I'm not sure if you could copy the whole Mozilla folder, or just what is in your the Profile folder. Make sure you install and run Firefox, then close and make sure Firefox isn't running. Then copy over your profile info.

It could also be as simple as copying the cookies file and the bookmarks.html file. Just guess and test.
 
Comment

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
1,616
0
Brisbane, Australia
What type on install do you plan on doing, because the archive and install option will leave your library and application folder alone. Plus crate a folder for your old system, as a backup.
 
Comment

ump3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2003
97
0
DeSnousa said:
What type on install do you plan on doing, because the archive and install option will leave your library and application folder alone. Plus crate a folder for your old system, as a backup.
Its a different machine thats running the 10.4, I'll continue to run 10.3.9 at home. It was more about what files to copy across to that other machine, I'm not installing any OS. Cheers
 
Comment

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
1,616
0
Brisbane, Australia
ump3 said:
Its a different machine thats running the 10.4, I'll continue to run 10.3.9 at home. It was more about what files to copy across to that other machine, I'm not installing any OS. Cheers
True sorry, its the morning here and i just quickly read your thread.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.