Which films have side pieces? (to cover iPhone 4 antennas!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Westyfield2, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Westyfield2 macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys,

I'm after one of the protective films for my iPhone 4. But... there's quite a few on the market :confused: (though not many here in the UK yet, looks like I'll have to pay £££ to get them sent over the pond! :p).

I'm only really interested in covering the sides, thanks to the antenna issue :mad: (see my post here on how insulating the sides fixes it). I might as-well stick one on the back too, but I'm not really interested in covering the front so will just bin the front part of any film kit.

Anyways, getting to the point, which of the film kits on the market include pieces for covering the sides? And which is the best?

Currently the only one I've found is the Wrapsol (and the Wrapsol Ultra) http://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Home+Page/Products/iphone+_+mobile/apple/iPhone+4.aspx which include six pieces for the sides as-well as the front and back.

Cheers,
    Ed.

2. JoeC2k6 macrumors member

3. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Doesn't look like BSE has a cut out for the front camera or the back flash?

4. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Oh wow it seems like they dont... Well its a crystal film so maybe it wouldnt matter?

5. Skystar macrumors 6502

I think it will still make the photos have a blue tint.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

InvisibleShield does. I know people like to give them flack for the orange peel effect, and I'll admit unusually prefer BodyGuardz, but I went with InvisibleShield because I know it is thicker than some, and am really happy with it. The pieces for the rim fit very nicely, too.

7. Hing macrumors regular

8. Westyfield2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, so far we have:

Any more? And anyone got any comments on any them? Though I doubt anyone has tried all of them!

9. SlamMan macrumors newbie

Front camera is cut out. Rear flash cut out isn't needed since it's an optically clear film.

10. phoenx97 macrumors newbie

11. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

The whole thing :D

12. Skystar macrumors 6502

Since I just needed the sides (I ordered a front and back screen protector) I went with the BSE, it was the cheapest solution for protecting the sides.

13. Phenomkickz macrumors member

Do any of you have the bse shield ,if so does it cover the flash?

14. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

+2

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

Film over the flash will cause flare in the lens and reduce the photos contrast.

16. Chase817 macrumors member

Chase817

I have a maximum coverage invisible shield, and the reception problems are still there, just so you know.

17. Dsking85 macrumors member

i loved my BSE skin on my 3gs. Lasted about 6 months before it started collecting dirt, but 7.99/6mo isn't bad. I don't thing the LED flash cutout will be a problem, but if it is i imagine like 2 seconds with a small hole punch would cure your ails.

18. Pared macrumors 65816

This is very, very wrong.

19. lasteve macrumors member

Bodyguardz sounds like a good deal, you get two backs and two fronts. Has anybody ordered theres from them? Any coupon codes?

20. Westyfield2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've just covered the metal band on the LHS from about halfway up down to the first grill (mic IIRC) with masking tape. Now holding it reduces the signal from 5 bars of O2 3G down to 4 bars. Rip off the masking tape and it'll go from 5 bars down to 1 bar.

Now time to order a film/skin to do the same but be transparent and invisible.... too many on the market!

21. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

so to bump this up, who's using / planning on using what for their 4S