Which Finance app for iPad do you prefer?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by HarryPot, Jun 23, 2011.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

I've been trying to find a good finance app for my iPad, and I'm having a terrible time choosing one.

I tried iBank in my Mac, but the truth is that it has so many options that I end up not using it. Besides, I almost never take my Mac to my home, I only use my iPad here.

So, I'm in search of something simple and easy to use, but that has the basic features. Any ideas?

Thanks.:)

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Mint maybe? What exactly are you trying to do with the app? Pay bills, watch stocks, calculate net worth etc.....

3. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

More like a checking account tracker. I have two debit cards, and one credit card. I want something to keep track of my daily expenses.

The kind of apps I've been watching are Home Budget, iReconcile, etc. But none seem to be "Apple like" in design nor functionality. They are cluttered, and I might even say, ugly.

Edit: I'm not in the US, so mint is not an option. Shame, since it do seems to be a very good service.

4. SilverWiz macrumors newbie

Try out MoneyWiz for iPad. It's simple to use and setup, awesome looking and full of features.

AppStore link

5. StuB macrumors newbie

I have recently downloaded Home Budget and it seems to provide a good level of functionality.

First I set up all our income details as monthly (salary) or weekly (Child Tax credit) or four weekly (Child benefit).

Then I set our Budgets for different areas of spending. These are customisable categories for you to match expenses against. Some I have set as monthly (mortgage etc) and some as annual (e.g. car insurance).

Then under expenses I have set up all our regular outgoings e.g. mortgage, c-tax, gas (all monthly), car and house insurances (yearly), and we have just started putting in our daily expenses - such as food shopping and so on.

Its early days but it looks like it will be very useful to us in planning our household budget, already we can see how much our annual expenses "cost" on a monthly basis so we know what we should be looking to set aside to cover these each month.

There is a light version of this available, although it limits you to five income streams and ten expenses it was enough for me to get a feel for the app and buy the full version.

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

7. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I use Accounts. Its a Universal App for iPhone/iPad. Works great. They recently upgraded the App with more features as well. Exporting options. Reports by Category of Spending. It's a simple clean App.

8. Berbolak macrumors newbie

Pocket Money

I tried several checkbook tracking programs and settled on PocketMoney. I've been using it for a couple of months now and it is everything I want and more. Took a little bit to get used to it but now, I can't see me using anything else.
    Give the lite version a try. I think you'll agree.

9. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I'm very happy with Checkbook for iPad - great interface, customizable categories, etc.

I also have it on the iPhone, so I can always have it with me, and can easily sync between the two.

10. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm going to try the lite versions of the apps recommended.

Tho, I guess I'll be completely happy when iBank releases an iPad app. Their desktop app is amazing.

11. mffl04, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

mffl04 macrumors member

Hope they add iBank support to the iPad!