Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I was sitting here thinking about this -- what finger does everyone use to scroll with on his or her iPod touch? I find the index fingers sticks to much, so I went to the middle finger and boom, easy scroll. I knew it had another purpose.:D

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
i use my thumb.

i hold it with the four other fingers, then use thumb to navigate one handed..

longwood

macrumors regular
May 10, 2005
it depends on why i need to touch the screen and how touch is positioned. usually i end up using my thumbs though.

MusicallySilent

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
When I have used one I used thumb in landscape orientation and index in portrait mode, sometimes I would scroll with the back of my finger (finger nail) so it slides effortlessly.

shaqzilla

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
I usually use my middle finger or my thumb. It just depends on the position of the ipod in my hand.

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Well usually it depends on the gir.....Oh wait were not talking about that :D
I use whatever feels comfortable during the time..usually my index.

SuperMacMan

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Portrait:
- Navigating around: left hand, thumb & right middle/index finger to scroll
- Typing: Both hands to hold, thumbs to type. I am a kid with miniscule thumbs, so this works fine.
- Games, etc: Both hands holding, thumbs to tap OR Left hand holding right hand tapping.
- Pinching: Left-hand to hold, index & middle finger.

Landscape:
- Navigating around: Both hands to hold, thumb(s) to scroll
- Typing: Both hands to hold, thumbs to type. I am a kid with miniscule thumbs, so this works fine.
- Games, etc: Both hands holding, thumbs to tap.

I find this works best for the way I use my Touch. I use it all the time, mainly for the web, more often than my computer, and I'm on the computer like all the time!

SuperMacMan

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
portrait, hold with left hand, scroll/zoom with right index finger and middle, thumbs for typing.

Landscape (which is always prefered for me.) I use thumbs for everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.