Which firmware does the iPhone have out-of-the-box?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShinOkazaki, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ShinOkazaki macrumors newbie

So, that's pretty much the question, if i buy a new iPhone now in a retailer in the U.S., with which firmware does it comes?
    Thanks in advice :D

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First, search.
    Second, it depends. I bought from AT&T store in Orange County on 11/23 and received one with FW 1.1.1. Friend bought from Apple @ Irvine Spectrum on 11/24 and received one with FW 1.1.2.

Unfortunately I am not sure how to tell but I venture to guess if you buy from an AT&T store the chances of you getting it with 1.1.1 are higher because they're not going through stock as fast as the Apple Retail stores are.

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

4. TheQuestion macrumors regular

I ordered one from Apple Online on 11/23, firmware=1.1.2

You can tell by the new startup/setup icon (looks like a cable and itunes logo)

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

my friend just got one at the apple store and it came with 1.1.2

6. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

I heard any starting W44 are shipping with 1.1.2. I bought my sis one which was W46 and it came with 1.1.2 out of the box.

7. ShinOkazaki thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your responses, i'd try to get one from an AT-T store and try my luck since i'll need an unlock, or i'll otherwise wait for a decent way to unlock the sim on the new brandware.
    But again, thank you all :D

8. spinstorm macrumors 65816

Out of curiosity what screens did those of you with recent online iPhone purchases from Apple get?

Type *3001#12345#* and call and hit versions and it will say the panel number.

Basically I am interested in knowing what screens the latest iPhones have now compared to week 42-44 UK phones.

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I got my iPhone on Tuesday and it seems to be a week 43. Panel ID is 7459072. No idea what that means ;)

10. spinstorm macrumors 65816

That means you got a good panel with good colours - providing of course there are no dead pixels spoiling the screen...

Very lucky! If you were in the UK I would take comfort in the fact that I may also get a good screen but seeing as the US/UK phones are most likely not connected in anyway I suppose I can't!

11. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Cool :) The screen is very, very good
    How can you tell this from the screen reference?