Which format to use to erase Windows partition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grastafaram, Oct 24, 2012.

1. grastafaram macrumors member

I have a 2009 15" MBP running 10.6.8. I partitioned the drive a while back because I had to run some windows software, but now I want to delete it. If I go to disk utility, click the partition and then click erase, I have to select which format I want (Mac OS Extended (journaled), Mac OS Extended etc...) and I am unsure what to choose. I just want one drive with all the memory on it, functioning like when I bought the MBP. Also I am not sure if using this workflow will create two mac drives, or just a single unified drive. Lots of thanks...

2. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

you can just launch the bootcamp app and ask for it to delete the windows partition

3. grastafaram thread starter macrumors member

OK, Thanks, I might try that. If I still want to use disk utility, which format would I use?

4. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

HFS+ journaled, its better to use bootcamp app, its quite easier

5. grastafaram thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I can't find the bootcamp app on my computer or when I search on the web. Where can I download it, or access it if it is already on my computer?

Thanks

6. simsaladimbamba

It is called "Boot Camp Assistant" and is located in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. To access that folder, switch to Finder and press CMD+SHIFT+U if have trouble finding that folder.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Or "Command+space" then type "boot camp" should bring it up.