Which free case offers the most protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PNutts, Aug 4, 2010.

1. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I didn't see another thread and didn't want to hijack the "which case did you get" poll.

What the title says. I need to pick a case for my team's iPhone and want the one with most protection. Looks aren't a consideration at all, this is all about droppage. I'm leaning towards the Speck fitted one. I have a $1 silicone case on the work phone now and to be honest it isn't horrible for a buck.

I personally use silicone and bought a Speck PixelSkin (not HD) that will replace my bumper. I have kids that like to play games and I need the phone to bounce. I liked the PixelSkin on my 3GS so I stuck with a familiar case.

Thx.

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I wouldn't recommend the Fitted for your purposes, snap cases like that end to come apart when dropped, leaving the phone vulnerable. The Pixelskin HD would probably work well, or I think they added some new Griffin silicone ones?

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I picked the Speck fitted since it was a two piece case unlike all the other jelly/rubbery cases. I've had a similar case on my 3G and, subsequently, dropped it many times. The case (a cheapo replicase from eBay) held up everytime. It looked beat to hell but it served its purpose.

The Speck fitted is also the ugliest of all the free cases but, eh, it's free. I'm curious to get it so I can see if its as good as it's cheaper, Chinese knock off :D

4. mzd macrumors 6502a

reviews of the Fitted say that it is very difficult to unsnap. hopefully that means it would stay together during contact with the ground. provided it doesn't come apart, i'd say this case offers the most protection since it is a hard case and not TPU or silicone.

5. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

the snap case?

6. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

The Speck Fitted case is a snap case.

The Incase Snap Case is another case altogether, if that's what you meant.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom