which free iPod has best resale?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikejtl, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mikejtl macrumors member

So I'm about to get my new mac, my only hold up is picking which free iPod to get. I have an iPhone and a Nano (2nd gen) so I don't really need another iPod, so my plan, like many is to take it, throw it on ebay thereby reducing the end price of the Mac.

So the question is, which iPod will sell fastest and for the most? I figured touch, but I also figure a lot of other people are thinking the same thing and there could be a glut of touches on ebay this summer. So now I'm thinking the Nano, cause I just dont think the Classic is in such high demand. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, feel free to convince me to keep the thing, which ever you think I should keep. I don't have an Apple TV, and thought about getting the Classic and plugging it in, but without the ability to stream to it, it makes less sense. Plus the Mac I'm getting is a 13"MBP, so I could just plug that into my tv if I want to.

What am I missing, what genius use for an iPod is there that I'm not thinking of?

(I know the touch is better for games than the iPhone, but I won't really use that.)

2. bentvalve macrumors newbie

The most expensive one.

3. liamwillib macrumors member

my thinking was to get one of the most expensive touch's as it would be unlikely that other students would have the initial funds or the balls to take on the risk of a higher priced unit, therefore not oversupplying the market.

In the end tho i kept it coz i never had an ipod and got too seduced. Just "watch" some items in ebay and see how they do.

4. mrj205 macrumors regular

Not that this is too genius of an idea...but I keep a 30GB 5th Gen. Classic in the car. That way I can just leave it hooked up to the auxiliary port. Makes life a bit easier. I just use the touch on the go (in your case iphone). The market will probably be saturated with ipod touch's in the near future. But the decision is yours...