Which G5 Logic Board Do I Have?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hierotochan, May 10, 2010.

1. Hierotochan macrumors member

So I used this site: appleserialnumberinfo
    to find out some extra details about a machine that's come into my possession.
    It says I should have 4 RAM slots, I have 8.
    I'm confused.

It is:
    Dual G5 1.8, AGP.
    Back panel has: 1xFW800, 1xFW400, 2xUSB, 1xOptical in & 1xOut Etc.
    PSU needs replacing (AFAIK, plugged in & dosn't even spin a fan).

Wanted to know the Wattage (but not sure that it's important?) before I eBay for one (& an Airport card too).
    I think it might have had a logic board replacement maybe at some point,
    would explain why it dosn't match the Spec. (plus is cleaner then the rest of the machine).

Any help would be good.

Thanks!

J.

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

PSU wattage is less important, it will run with 450 or 600W PSU, no matter (but AFAIR, factory fitted was 450W). Be sure that replacement PSU will be pulled out from AGP based G5. PCI-Express version PSU has different connectors whose will not fit into your logic board.

About logic board difference: probably it could be replaced by previous owner, or this site where you was checking serial has not quite valid info/database.
    Best way to ensure is comparing case sticker serial with this listed by System Profiler (but to do that, you need first boot up your machine).

3. davidlv macrumors 65816

According to MacTracker (freeware), it is probably a M9393LL/A (dual 1.8 GHz), made in 2004, which has 8 ram slots. 430 W (1.8), Max Watts: 604 W, Optional AirPort Extreme card (802.11b/g) (external antenna) (hard to find)

4. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

:D

They came with either 4 RAM or 8 RAM slots as I recall... also the hard drive size and installed RAM that shipped with the machine were upgraded in the more expensive models.

Question for the previous poster Davidlv.. I'm looking at Mactracker and I don't see where you found your "hard to find" label...

Is that the board that's hard to find? Or the external antenna? :confused: